Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Gun ArmA  (Read 14834 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Mando Gun ArmA
« on: 07 Aug 2007, 02:41:03 »
Shilkas and Vulcans not being effective against jets? Reacting only when enemy is already over your forces? Not any more  ;)

Here is the complement for Mando Missile to achieve a complete air defense system  :cool2:

Mando Gun is a set of scripts that allows you to attach to any AI unit and weapon a custom gun. This way you may have, for example, Vulcans able to engange and shotdown Flankers flying at 800 km/h and 5Km away.

You may configure, between others, available number of salvos, horizontal and vertical dispersion, arc ahead of the unit where enemies may be detected and enganged, minimun knowledge about the enemy unit to engange it, muzzle velocity, salvos per minute, time needed to aim the gun, number of rounds per salvo, minimum and maximun range, types of enemies that will be enganged, enemy sides.

Mando Gun is fully compatible with Mando Missile. Guns may target incoming missiles, guns locking on air units will trigger a lock on alarm if the player is in the air target. Active Guns will be seen by antiradar missiles as potential targets.

Mando Gun units will reload themselves automatically if they are close to ammo trucks.

Mando Gun is also fully MP compatible.

Included demo missions for the editor in v1.2:
mando_gun1_v1_2.Intro: Comparison between ArmA Vulcan and ArmA Vulcan with Mando Gun.
mando_gun2_v1_2.Intro: Static defensive positions with Mando Guns against several advancing squads.
mando_gun3_v1_2.Intro: Mando Gun and Mando Missile working together against enemy air units.
mando_gun4_v1_2.Intro: Static defensive positions with Mando Guns against your forces.
mando_gun5_v1_2.Sara: CIWS Phalanx antimissile system. Mando Gun armed Vulcans intercepting incoming missiles.
mando_gun_igor_sound.sara: Very long range deadly snipers and MG fire against your forces, by Igor Drukov.

List of changes in 1.2
- Added muzzle velocity, number of rounds per salvo, time needed to aim and shot sound resource as arguments for the script.
- Fixed shot FX for MP.
- Added bullets smoke trails.
- Included four new demo missions, one of them showing the guns intercepting incoming missiles.

List of changes in 1.1
- Automatic guns may attack infantry now.
- Automatic guns weapons now align correctly with the rounds trajectory.
- Added smoke and tracer effects (MP compatible).
- Included two demo missions for the editor: Vulcans against eneny choppers and flankers and static machine gun defensive positions against enemy infantry assault.
- Added more parameters to mando_gunattacker.sqf.

Mando Gun ArmA v1.2 or get it from the attachment below.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2007, 01:06:42 by Mandoble »

Offline HataKilla

• Members
Soz for bothering
« Reply #1 on: 07 Aug 2007, 16:34:36 »
Hey Mandoble! All of this stuff is way out of my league but i just want to know how to mando missle in my missions :confused: im only good with basic scripts veh respawn ect but i have no clue how to use this :blink: where do I put the script that I get from the missle lab do I put it in the init line of a veh and and a script file in the mission folder... Im clueless :(

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Re: Mando Gun ArmA
« Reply #2 on: 07 Aug 2007, 16:49:04 »
This thread is related to mando gun, not mando missile (which is some lines below). Post there any doubs you have.

Offline HataKilla

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Aug 2007, 19:39:01 »
Ok well then I have a question about that too... how do i get the mando gun into my missions? i take the scripts and put them into my mission then name the vulcan/shilka mando_gun then a number right? ??? im new to all of this stuff and i dont know :P

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 07 Aug 2007, 23:52:39 »
Mando Gun ArmA v1.1 ready at first post.

HataKilla, you may name your mando gun units at will, no need to use mand_gun + number.
Check init.sqf in the demo missions, the scripts executed there are who configure the guns.

Offline HataKilla

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 08 Aug 2007, 03:56:36 »
Sorry to keep bugging you over what must seem like such un-important things but what if i wanted to put a multiple of your mission scripts together to form a really good map... how would i combine the init.sqf and description.ext into one. ??? this may seem simple to a pro but its like taking Collage computer class with a 8th grade education... NOT EASY :weeping:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 08 Aug 2007, 11:50:37 »
HataKilla, in the first post you will find an attached mission with mando gun and mando missile in their more "basic" shape. Check the init.sqf and description.ext to find out what is needed there.

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2007, 18:04:46 »
A friend of mine is having a problem with this, and I can't figure it out either.

he keeps getting an annoying error when trying to put an improved shilka with a SAM system on it into a mission, the actual scripts work fine, the shilkas are deadly now and the missiles fire perfect. However he keeps gettin this error when the mission start.

Code: [Select]
|#|};' error missing {
We have both looked and can't find a missing {

Description.ext
// Include needed for Mando Missile ArmA
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"

class RscTitles
{
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"
};

OnLoadMission = "Mando Gun ArmA, by Mandoble";

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};

#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"

class mando_gun
{
name = "mando_gun";
sound[] = {"mando_gun.ogg", db+5, 1.0};
titles[] = {0};
};
};

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_gun\mando_guncheck.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_gun\mando_guneffects.sqf";

if (isServer) then

{
[sam1, 1, ["Air","LandVehicle", "Men"], 200, 100, 5000, 20, [0.6,0.6], true, "ZSU", "B_23mm_AA", [0,0,-0.5], 2.3, 360, 0,[west, sideEnemy], true, true, true, "",""]execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";

_disp = sam1; _posunit = 0;
_ttype = ["Air"];
_quantity = 5;
_minrange = 100;
_maxrange = 4000;
_rof = 4;
_pos = [0,1,2];
_scan = 360;
_mink = 0;
_enemies = [west,sideEnemy];

[_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_patriot.sqs";

};

Also the effects can only be seen when someone hosts the server themselves (and only they can see them), on a dedicated server this doesn't appear to work for anyone.

Thanks Mandoble ;)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2007, 18:15:20 »
Missile effects, gun effects?
And which script gives the the missing }; ?

EDIT: Saw the problem with the gun firing effects, will take a look at it.
EDIT: Effects problem fixed, expect a new version today or tomorrow with that and few things more ;)
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2007, 18:39:05 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2007, 01:07:51 »
Mando Gun ArmA v1.2 available, check the list of changes in first post.

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
« Reply #10 on: 21 Aug 2007, 00:15:49 »
First view at it....overhelming. Excellent work!

Second look at it (especially the scriptccall)...OMFG! 25 parameters to set in a scriptcall?

For sure this makes the system very flexible and adaptable to almost every need that may come up to anyone. But a scriptcall with 25 parameters is not very "beginner-friendly". To be honest, the scriptcall was a point for me to say "ok, i'll try later".

Maybe it is possible to outsource the parameter settings to a dedicated script which might look like this:
// gun armed vehicle
_disp          = sam1

// unitpos: gun armed unit position inside vehicle: 0 driver, 1 gunner, 2 commander.
_unitpos       =  1;

// gun target types array: ["Air"] or ["LandVehicle"] or ["Men"] or ["Air", "LandVehicle", "Ship"],etc.
// "REMOTE" target type may be used to indicate this unit may target targets locked by other units.
_ttypes        = ["Air","LandVehicle", "Men"];
mando_gun_array = [_disp, _unitpos, _ttypes............];

Within such a config script maybe define half a dozen predefined standard settings for the most common use (AA-gun, MG-nest whatever) and space for self defined configs.
You might want to look at the DGC into the dgc_group_config.sqs and the dgc_edit_me.sqs to get an idea what i mean.

Maybe the Vehicle and the unitpos keep in the scriptcall, but the rest put in such a config file (you could still left the option to manually define in the scriptcall). So the reworked scriptcall would look like this:
nul = [sam1, 1, "Standard_AA_gun"] execVM"mando_gun\mando_gunattacker.sqf";
then the script loads the settings for the respective use.

I hope you get the point. I think this would it make easier accessible to more people.

Myke out

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 21 Aug 2007, 00:53:42 »
Was about to add two parameters more  ;)

Script helpers may be created to setup predefined guns, may be I'll do some in the future if have enough time for that. On the other hand, the current parameters, while many, are quite easy to understand. There are no arcane parameters like in mando missile (where I included already several helpers)  ;)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2007, 06:39:37 »
I actually agree a bit there with myke : why not do something like what Kronzky did with his excellent UPS? The basic script-call only needs the unit and the marker, everything else is assumed default unless you specifically call for it. That way it's possible to make the script called exactly as complicated or as easy as is necessary?  :D At least SOME of the parameters should be assumable as default (like, uhm, muzzle velocity?). Not a biggie, though, just a matter of simple use.  :)

I also experimented a bit with calling the sounds directly from the weapons.pbo (cutting down on file sizes etc) but I'm not quite there yet. Speaking of : I don't guess it's possible to, in cases of for instance snipers or machineguns and the like, to rather than rely on the internal sounds/speeds/"salvos" etc of the script when determining stuff simply let the gun fire normally (maybe at an invisible target or somesuch, or using some other scripting method) and then simply pick up the bullets fired and put them away somewhere/redesign their flight paths? But I guess that's going a bit too far outside the scope of these scripts. :)

Great stuff anyway, as always, Mandoble!

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 22 Aug 2007, 13:19:54 »
Jason, is your missing { problem gone already? If not, attach here your mission so I can examine it.

Offline MattiusRochelle

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2007, 01:36:52 »
This is the best thing in the world, doesnt need made easy just needs a read me to tell you what the parameters are.. Lots of params is what makes it unique.