Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Time change  (Read 1062 times)

Offline DjTano

• Members
Time change
« on: 23 Jun 2007, 03:37:40 »
Hey guys,

i wanted to know if there is a way to add time to a waypoint after a certain trigger is activated...

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Time change
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2007, 10:59:09 »
Why add time to a waypoint?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2007, 11:11:42 »
May be because the units there should keep there waiting more time.

You may do the following:
Just after that waypoint put another one more or less close with the extra time you need. In the first waypoint activation field put: forces_arrived = true

Sync the second wp with a trigger type "switch" that checks for a condition as: forces_arrived && whatever you want to check here. for example: forces_arrived && bomb_not_dissarmed.

That will SKIP that wp if the condition is met. If the condition is not met, the units will move to that wp and will keep waiting there the time set into that WP.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2007, 11:35:51 »
alternatively you could add to the timeout fields of the trigger (as opposed to countdown) so that the trigger needs to have been activated for a certain length of time before it does its thing.

Offline DjTano

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2007, 20:20:54 »
Im trying to get this to work but it seems not to, ill explain wht im doing.

I set 3 waypoints, the 1st one has no waiting time, the 2nd one has a waiting time (3min) and the 3d one has no waiting time.
I put "forces_arrived = true" in the condition field of the waypoint.
I make a trigger with "forces_arrived && bomb_not_dissarmed;" in its condition field, and i put the trigger on "switch".
I synchronize the trigger with the 2nd waypoint.

THEORETICALLY if i activate the trigget then the 2nd waypoint should be skipped.

PRACTICALLY nothing changes, the 2nd waypoint doesnt get skipped.