Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Training Islands  (Read 1425 times)

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
Training Islands
« on: 12 Jun 2007, 15:57:53 »
Hello again peeps.

I'm just getting to grips with WrpTool and I'm curretnly making a large 51Km island that is broken up into three islands. The purpose of these islands is for training purposes and so naturally each island is a new terrain type (i.e jungle, desert and snow).

When I have completed the islands I am considering incorporating various training missions for all three islands for use in multiplayer and singleplayer. The island will be designed for missions such as:-

Off-road 4x4 trails.

Timed trails through every kind off off-road hazard you can imagine. Navigate your way through narrow forest roads; up and down steep hillsides; over rugged terrrain and through rivers.

Tank training

Much like the 4x4's except in tanks with the added feature of weapons training.

By-Air

An air accademy. Choose an aircraft and work through the various stages. Will include everything from landing/takeoff to extraction and destroying targets.

Infantary

Assault courses, firing range, cross-country navigation and various seek and destroy objectives. All timed and scored.

What do you think? Ideally I would like to have a system in place where you would simply reach the start of a specific training facility (tanks, airfield etc) and choose from the menu to begin an objective. Alternativly I could break up the various tasks into seperate missions and then perhaps put them into a campaign.

Ultimately when I have finished I would love to see many clans downloading the islands and missions for use in their own training.

What other features would you like to see?

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
Re: Training Islands
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2007, 15:42:52 »
I've just added some really nice looking canyons to my desert land - perfect for many kinds of missions and training including (incidently) rock-climbing!

I've also added a swamp, a dead forest and grassy farmlands. Good for my snipers missions.