Author Topic: Training Islands  (Read 717 times)

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
Training Islands
« on: 12 Jun 2007, 15:57:53 »
Hello again peeps.

I'm just getting to grips with WrpTool and I'm curretnly making a large 51Km island that is broken up into three islands. The purpose of these islands is for training purposes and so naturally each island is a new terrain type (i.e jungle, desert and snow).

When I have completed the islands I am considering incorporating various training missions for all three islands for use in multiplayer and singleplayer. The island will be designed for missions such as:-

Off-road 4x4 trails.

Timed trails through every kind off off-road hazard you can imagine. Navigate your way through narrow forest roads; up and down steep hillsides; over rugged terrrain and through rivers.

Tank training

Much like the 4x4's except in tanks with the added feature of weapons training.

An air accademy. Choose an aircraft and work through the various stages. Will include everything from landing/takeoff to extraction and destroying targets.

Assault courses, firing range, cross-country navigation and various seek and destroy objectives. All timed and scored.

What do you think? Ideally I would like to have a system in place where you would simply reach the start of a specific training facility (tanks, airfield etc) and choose from the menu to begin an objective. Alternativly I could break up the various tasks into seperate missions and then perhaps put them into a campaign.

Ultimately when I have finished I would love to see many clans downloading the islands and missions for use in their own training.

What other features would you like to see?

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
Re: Training Islands
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2007, 15:42:52 »
I've just added some really nice looking canyons to my desert land - perfect for many kinds of missions and training including (incidently) rock-climbing!

I've also added a swamp, a dead forest and grassy farmlands. Good for my snipers missions.