Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: toadlife's weapon respawn script updated for ArmA (OBSOLTE)  (Read 4632 times)

Offline norrin

• Tutorial Writer
Hi guys,

I updated toadlife's weapon respawn script for ArmA a few weeks back and posted it on the BI Forums.  I've had a lot of positive feed back about this since and it seems to be working on both local and dedicated servers.  

This script allows playable units to respawn with the weapons and ammo that they originally started the mission with or with the weapons and ammo that they died with.  There are a couple of ways to implement this script and instructions for both are within the script itself but the easiest way to do it is to give each of your playable units a name such as west_1 then put in its init line either:

Code: [Select]

[west_1, 0] exec "weapons_respawn.sqs";

if you want the playable unit to respawn with the weapons and ammo it started the mission with; or
Code: [Select]

[west_1, 1] exec "weapons_respawn.sqs";

if you want the playable unit to respawn with the weapons and ammo it died with, where "west_1" is the units name.

You can get both the files you need to run this script as a zip file from here
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2009, 20:47:33 by hoz »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Would be ideal if a demo mission was included with this for testing and demonstration purposes.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Seven

• Members
  • Am I a llama?
Here's a (very) simple demo
Try do die once at least  :D