Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC and the BIKI  (Read 1180 times)

WarGamesQ

OFPEC and the BIKI
« on: 28 Aug 2006, 07:51:29 »
hello guys  :)

this topic might be interesting to discuss, so i will copy some quotes from the BIKI in here.

it is about BI's wiki and OFPEC - how can both work together in the most approriate way to suit the users needs best in the future.

There were allways discussions about this kind of things, but they took place in the BIS forum or at OFPEC. But honestly, I find this Wiki a much better place for it, since it's easier to maintain and enhance the knowledge base. Much easier and better than a forum on any other site could do. If the discussions are seperated from the Wiki, I bet there'll be less contributions than if they take place here.
If I were with the OFPEC staff, I would think hard about how the OFPEC site and forum could be completely build around this Wiki in the best way possible. Everything else would weaken both this Wiki and OFPEC in my opinion and not help the community much. --rom 13:34, 19 August 2006 (CEST)

---

Very true and absolutely agreed!
A simple forum with the ability to search doesn't do complex and most times not even simpe things justice. Content needs to be filtered, reworked and presented well. If you got that, a forum as additional knowledge base is okay, but not the other way round. Therefore i always did heavy administration (edit, delete, move, rewrite) of the forums i managed.
It is no difference here. The sysobs mainly and a few others rework the content which is not up to a useable level. The wiki-engine is just a better base in most aspects than a forum.
It is good to see various high ranking OFPEC staff in here, yet i fully agree that the OFPEC site should be the doorstep and guidance to the next level - (hopefully) the BIKI. --WGL.Q 17:28, 19 August 2006 (CEST)

reference

keep up your good work  :thumbsup: