Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Platton follow Alpha  (Read 1264 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Platton follow Alpha
« on: 24 Jan 2006, 22:07:35 »
Im creating a mission where im struck by this
1. How do i get my two other squads named "grpBravo" and "grpCharlie" to follow Alpha named "grpAlpha".
I need them to follow grpAlpha in a line formation with a 50metre spacing between the leaders
A bit like this

grpCharlie --50metre space-- grpAlpha --50metre space-- grpBravo

Hope you understand
Also is 50metres a realistic spacing is it too big or too small?

And my final question.
2. I have a trigger conditon Radio Alpha onactivation im using on single map click or whatever the command is. And i want it to when i activate radio Alpha when i click on the Map squad Braov will move to that position. Im having no problem making them move but i would also like a marker named "bravoMove" to appear where the player clicked on the map
ive tried

"bravoMove" setmarkerpos getpos _pos
"bravoMove" setmarkerpos getmarkerpos "_pos"
bravoMove setpos getpos _pos

neither of them work for some reason. Does anyone know why.

Anyway there my questions
Cheers

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Platton follow Alpha
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2006, 01:04:21 »
_pos is a position.     You don't need the  getPos bit.

Where is the player in the group thing?    Why can't you just synchro the waypoints?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2006, 18:03:02 »
well ill try without getpos
The player is in the middle of the line i would normally syc there waypoints but then it would be harder to get the squads to move on map click so i just want them to follow the player in a line

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2006, 19:30:08 »
On 1. you could have a script that will every few seconds or so check the location of the front group and moves the waypoint (setWPPos) of the two other groups to 50 and 100 m behind the front group.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2006, 19:18:39 »
ill try your idea Thob but if i were to set a waypoint move ontop of the leader of the squad it will be completed automatically so would i still be able to move that waypooint and the squads move to it ?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2006, 20:57:21 »
My suggestion would only work if you keep moving the WP so it is always ahead of the group so they never reach it.  On reflection not such a good idea.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2006, 11:45:29 »
what about a script which puts a game pgoic specific to each group 50 metres to either side of alpha and use a do move would that work ?
If so what would be the correct syntax to put the GL there as in

alphapos = getpos grpalpha
gamelogic setpos getpos [grpalpha +0, grpalpha + 50, grpalpha + 0]

Along those lines im not totally sure what it would be

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2006, 12:13:56 »
You don't need a game logic to do a doMove, you jsut need a location.  The reason I didn't suggest a doMover earlier is that the group is unlikely to keep formation.  How about:

Give each group their own set of waypoints, arrange these way points so that one group is 50 m behind the lead group and the other group 50 behind that.  Then synchronise the waypoints.  The groups will then go to their next waypoint in formation and wait until all groups are at their respective waypont before they all set off for their next waypoint.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2006, 21:09:49 »
well that wont really work in my situation i have given the player who is commander of Alpha is also in command of Bravo and Charlie when Bravo and Charlie havent been issued a do move command the group will fall into formation into a line formation formed up on Alpha.
I have chosen this so the player can attack a certain town in different ways instead of how the mission maker tells him to.