Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: all attack the A10  (Read 878 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
all attack the A10
« on: 03 Sep 2005, 22:13:33 »
okay then im creating some intro where in one part of it it shows a small patrol encountering some russians who are shot then it has a nice view of an A10 fly over head then it uses Blanco's logicam to show under the wing and its Mavericks drop like lgb's using a script from ofpec then i show some infantry who are about to be blown up i want them all to start firing at the A10's with their rifles
but i dont know of a way wich doesnt include addons so is there a way to fake it i suppose like create a soldier in the A10 where its nt visible but that would require a loop and would lag a lot but if this cant be done how cna i fake it ? or atleast make them look like there firing at them but there aim still has to be aiming at the A10's

cheers

Dubieman

Re:all attack the A10
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2005, 23:01:20 »
I recall using a fire command or one of the methods of forcing a unit to fire caused him to fire straight up. That might help since it'd look like the units were firing straight up and also use all known dotarget, dofire, fire blah blah on a few machine gunners who "should" start firing at the plane. Even without all that, they should still fire, but you never know.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2005, 23:14:53 »
The best way is to use the invisible targets addon.  But that also requires a loop the keeps the invisible target positioned near the plane.  Anyway, the invisible target addon is small, so the download should not be a problem, also the loop is simple and with a delay of .1 in the loop lag would not be a problem.

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2005, 23:37:56 »
Or, go for the easiest way, just do Shooter dofire Target.
Shooter is the name of the unit you want to shoot, in this case an infantry unit and the target would be the name of your A10.

Solved in three letters and requires no addons.
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2005, 23:38:23 by RujiK »
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2005, 12:25:04 »
ive tried the dotarget and dofire commands but on choppers and that didnt work they looked at it but never fired just said cannot fire and im guessing choppers are not much more like planes im not using addons in the mission otherwise i would of already used the invisible target addon
i think i will go with GRK's idea since do target will work and the fire command should force them to fire and hopefully he keeps targetting the plane

cheers ill test it before i solve the topic

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2005, 17:40:28 »
tried and it works
thanks alot

Topic solved