Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: E-mail who?  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
E-mail who?
« on: 12 Oct 2002, 11:19:49 »
I really wish the www.ofpec.com peeps would list some emails to contact them from the main webpage!  To send in News, you have to post on the forum?  And for that you need an account?  What happen to the good ol' days of just sending someone some email.

Please list the people that run this site and their emails somewhere.  Thanks!!

Doolittle

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:E-mail who?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2002, 12:51:05 »
Well lo and behold, there's the sweet submit news button in the Intelligence Depot ;)

You may praise me now ;D

Cheers matey.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2002, 13:56:21 »
plus, ive been very reluctant to let people see my personal email, since a while back some1 on this forum sent viruses (i know this since its the only place i have my email of free view - or did have)

but as Kotty said, theres a nice submission system that gets rid of all that bother.

:thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2002, 23:00:56 »
Sending someone an email is:

• Slow - Only the person that uses that address, can access that email. So if they are away on a holiday, busy, or can't be arsed...
  • Ineffective - What motivation do they have to answer / upload your question / news? Only they know about it...
  • Dangerous - Virus, Spam, Trojans, etcetc. I don't want any email associated with me, publicly available, nor do many others.

That's why we made the aformentioned Submit News link which puts your news into a Pending Section that several people can view.

Leads to faster upload times, more efficient checking, and better usage all-round.

Please, check before you complain about something. This is several times this has happened, in unrelated instances, where people have moaned or complained about something that is there.

Not looking before jumping springs to mind.

Not a personal dig at you, but it does help to look first.

Cheers!
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2002, 10:58:47 »
To send in News, you have to post on the forum?  And for that you need an account?  What happen to the good ol' days of just sending someone some email.

Yes I was acknowledging the Submit News link in my original post.

I understand your concern over viruses though, so ok.  I appreciate this site very much.  Thank you for having it!  I wouldn't want to be seen as a "complainer".

Doolittle

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2002, 23:16:21 »
Found it, er something good...

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/about_ed_depot.php

Doolittle

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2002, 02:34:44 »
Please don't email News Submissions to the addresses found at the above link.

They are for Editing Depot notification and contact only, and are not for general "News story" or Intelligence Depot submissions.

Just use the system detailed above by Wolfsbane, and you will be better served, and won't get told off for sending unwanted emails to the wrong addresses.

Enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 02:35:58 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2002, 21:16:53 »
roflmao

*pictures Noony in a police uniform*

STEP AWAY FROM THE DAMN GUN - STEEEEEP AWAY PEOPLE - THERES NOOOOTHING TO SEE HERE[/i]
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion