Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP 1.085 released!  (Read 24298 times)

cornhelium

Re:ECP 1.085 released!
« Reply #75 on: 06 Sep 2005, 20:21:59 »
Hi Twisted,

i find no mention of it now. so i must ask - is suppression in and does the AI react to suppressing fire and take cover?

I'm pretty sure that the AI will only suppress human players. I remember reading in the ECP dev thread that the AI don't react correctly to being suppressed, so it will only be used on the player.

As for whether it works on the player, I'm certainly getting pinned down by machine gun fire a lot since 1.085, though that could just be the faster-firing machinegunners feature  :)

The way AI machinegunners now use sustained automatic fire is my favourite feature in any mod or addon, ever (the unit's skill level needs to be set @ >50% to see this). Machine guns are now a real tactical problem/asset, sound right and are downright terrifying  ;D

Cheers,
CH
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2005, 20:22:52 by cornhelium »

Offline twisted

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #76 on: 07 Sep 2005, 03:53:32 »
hey thanks for the reply cornhelium.

i enjoy ecp so much now.

the reason i asked was in ofp 1.075 release imminent  thread - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=65546ce06b9e76c3db4629ce11906131;act=ST;f=54;t=44275;hl=ecp - it said:

* 1.074b Generic Update (for end users)
- explosion FX
- suppression
- helo commands
- AI suppressing fire

and i hoped something like KeyCat's lovely grouplink2 suppressing script. http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?browsewhat=2&category=2_6

but no problem. i thinki could just use the grouplink2 script and disable everything else except the suppresion.

:) ;D
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2005, 03:54:58 by twisted »

mimamema

« Reply #77 on: 07 Sep 2005, 15:53:56 »
Hello,
I'm having trouble with installing this thing.
In the installer, when i have to choose the OFP folder (it automatically searches it anyway), i can't press NEXT. The NEXT button is just gray.. u know. And my folder address isn't that bad either, it's P:\ofp
How can i solve this?

EDIT: Just noticed that it wants OFP: RESISTANCE directory, but i have GOTY. That shouldn't make a difference right?

Now iÂ'm the #4

Any zip there to install that awesome mod (just this is only the things I can read because I canÂ't paly)

Help pleasee!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :( :(

Cheers

downesy22

« Reply #78 on: 11 Sep 2005, 17:21:00 »
Hey guys how can i make the AI surrender work is there a script or somthing ???.

Thanks.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #79 on: 11 Sep 2005, 18:06:40 »
Check replies 64 and 65 on this very topic.  8)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Bebbe

• Members
« Reply #80 on: 14 Sep 2005, 21:02:26 »
OMG i love the ecp mod thx to all ecp team THX!

klavan

« Reply #81 on: 16 Sep 2005, 01:44:16 »
Hi.
Is it possible to detect if a certain effect is enabled/disabled?
Let's say I want to know if the tail rotor failure effect is activated or not, how can I do it?
I want to make my mission ecp compatible (it's optionable in an initial dialog) making a script running to anable/disable/modify effects  and parameters (I know how to do it) and, most important, I want to make the same script running moments before the mission ends, to restore the original player's settings.
Thanks for your help.
Klavan
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2005, 01:44:47 by klavan »

cub1100

« Reply #82 on: 16 Sep 2005, 23:31:54 »

Hi,
    I am sure this mod is the mutts nuts, but i'll have to take your word for it, as i, along with others in this forum, cannot get it to install.
In the installer, when i have to choose the OFP folder, i can't press NEXT. I have tried all folders in the OFP directory but it won't install.
Is there some bugged mirror files out there ? Or shall i have to download it again for the third time off different sites.
   Please can you guys help,
                             Many thanks
                                      Pete.

Offline Wiper

• Members
« Reply #83 on: 23 Oct 2005, 19:29:01 »
Does anyone know how to enable ECP functions for the KEGS units (Arctic units from Kegety's Winter Nogojev Addon  < kegnoecain_snow.pbo >) ?

All fine with SebNam units for example, but those arctic units i can't get bleeding, chatting or whatever ECP upgrades all other "men" classes to.. :-\

thanks for any suggestions

Offline Wiper

• Members
« Reply #84 on: 23 Oct 2005, 22:08:04 »
ok problem solved :-)

thanks to thunderbird84 from the official forum i understood that Kegety's Arctic Units have their own Event System implemented which has to be deactivated.

For example to get the respective unit bleeding in ECP style the line
EVENT_INJURED;
has to be deleted or //ed in the pbo ;-)

Offline Wiper

• Members
« Reply #85 on: 23 Oct 2005, 23:47:18 »
another hassle with it though:
rather than creating a new 50MB bunch merely identical to its original i'd like to patch the old one with only a modified Config.cpp

Does anyone know how to free up already defined EventHAndlers this way ?
Is it even possible ?

For example:
In the original config the events are defined:
Code: [Select]
#define EVENT_INJURE class EventHandlers {dammage = <...>;}and I'd like to 'deactivate' them with another config/pbo in the ECP/Addons folder:
Code: [Select]
#define EVENT_INJURE class {}or something like
but this way it doen't work :-\

Is there (another) way ?
thanks a lot guys

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #86 on: 24 Oct 2005, 02:38:10 »
#define EVENT_INJURE fred=0

// avoid any semicolons
Just say no to bugz

Offline Wiper

• Members
« Reply #87 on: 24 Oct 2005, 05:04:28 »
Thanks Mikero

Not shure if its a typo or i simply don't get the syntax context:
shouldn't it be read
#define EVENT_INJURE fired=0
( as fired=0 stands for 'the event is not fired') ?

However, i tried both versions but couldn't erase or override the old event.

Is it enough to define the EVENT_INJURE fired=0 once or is it needed to call for every unit class in the vehicles section?

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #88 on: 24 Oct 2005, 16:56:33 »
so that i don't mislead you, i am not a scripter, I know nothing about ecp and even less about event handlers

the above syntax is desgined to create a dummy and intentionally useless statement to the engine that does bugger all. As in, allow the underlying event handler to occur instead since nothing in the macro (#define) now refers to it.

fred is deliberate. It is an intentional UNUSED label (pete, willy,joe, mary) to make sure nothing you write there touches the engine at all. (nothing in the engine looks for a 'fred')

the other purpose was to do something with the semi colon at the end of each invoked macro; otherwise the engine will throw it's hands in the air with a parsing error. (void syntax)

Is it enough to define the EVENT_INJURE fired=0 once or is it needed to call for every unit class in the vehicles section?

I don't really understand what you're asking, but, it is sufficient for each already existing EVENT_INJURE to be automatically replaced with this new expression by default.

Just say no to bugz

Offline Wiper

• Members
« Reply #89 on: 25 Oct 2005, 00:06:54 »

I don't really understand what you're asking, but, it is sufficient for each already existing EVENT_INJURE to be automatically replaced with this new expression by default.

my question basically was if its necessary to 'override' each units EVENT_INJURE (referencing to 'fred=0' of the header definition) or if its enough to simply have the definition alone and nothing more in the config patch..

thanks anyway !