Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP 1.085 released!  (Read 24313 times)

Shadow=ASP=

Re:ECP 1.085 released!
« Reply #60 on: 29 Jul 2005, 10:33:48 »
This is an AWESOME mod! Love the new explosions, gun sounds, AI talking...I was playing an MP mission just now and I noticed an oddity. It's cool that now other players seem to be able to take command when you go down, with squad respawn. But the strange thing was that my new leader, one of the other players, was a dead guy. Well, not totally dead. He was still alive on his side, but on my side it showed his corpse sliding around on the ground as he moved around and shot his gun. I wasn't able to get a good picture of it, but you can see him in the linked pic there lying in the road(yes he's alive, he even shot one of the guys who jumped out of the tank).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/Pravit/ECP_MP.jpg
I have seen this once (without ECP) so I'm guessing its not ECP-related.

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #61 on: 30 Jul 2005, 10:14:23 »
Issue: dedicated servers say players "uses modified config file - cfg/CfgVehicles/ECP_MKII/"

Reason: server config.cpp has different scope for that class

Fix:
Add this to class ECP_MKII in the server config.cpp: (around line 16431)
Code: [Select]
scope=1;IMPORTANT
By "server config.cpp" I mean the config.cpp currently delivered in the dedicated server ECP archives available here

(Of course, by the time you read this, the issue might already have been fixed.)
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2005, 10:44:26 by Killswitch »

Speculum

« Reply #62 on: 30 Jul 2005, 16:48:53 »
Thanks ECP team, your new version is totally awesome, VERY stable and has breathed life back into the our old girl (OFP).  

I have to ask however, I have been massively playing the new release and have yet to see/hear 3 of the new effects mentioned.  

*  AI surrender (I seem to not be the only one to not see this)
*  Burning crewmen
*  Can't hear light house fog horns (but the lights are working).

Thanks for your feedback,

Spec
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2005, 16:49:26 by Speculum »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #63 on: 30 Jul 2005, 17:19:49 »
i havent seen the Ai surrendeting either and im 100% sure its turned on
ive seen burning crewmen
nor have i seen the light house effects because i havent been near a light house

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
« Reply #64 on: 30 Jul 2005, 18:54:28 »
Units have a 50% chance of surrendering IF the following conditions are met:

* They are fleeing

* The squad has only 3 or 2 left total

* Any human player is close

* There are no friendly forces nearby

There are other conditions, but those are the main ones.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2005, 18:54:41 by Nemesis6 »
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

Shadow=ASP=

« Reply #65 on: 31 Jul 2005, 10:31:45 »
And you can adjust all that at the very bottom of ecp_settings.sqf :)

junkie-xL

« Reply #66 on: 02 Aug 2005, 11:20:57 »
hmm that's not a lot of feedback for such a groundbreaking enterprise

sure you all have some screenshots capturing new aspects of this release right?

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #67 on: 02 Aug 2005, 17:04:29 »
Lol, you should check the official forums, there's planty of feedback there. I guess good ol' OFPEC ain't as populair as it used to be.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #68 on: 02 Aug 2005, 22:50:08 »
Perhaps people who would usually post on ofpec felt inclined to post on the official forums in this case, instead?

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
« Reply #69 on: 13 Aug 2005, 15:44:52 »
Hi everybody! ;D
Did some testing for a while now. I encountered some probs with random weather .I tried to disable the rw in the ECP settings. But it doesn't seem to work. It always start to rain after a couple of min. I wonder if anybody else experienced such kind of thing.

AI behaviour changes drastically when using Info share script. Skill level increases very much. I turned down the AI skill level to 0 in a mission, the enemy became kind of elite soldiers. It's harder to close on objectives you need to pay lot more of attention. Mission editing with ECP is very different now. I try to avoid using lots of triggers  with lot's of condition especially regarding  AI behaviour. Also making cinematics became different since some AI react differently now.

@ Tim Pink

I loved the soundtracks you did on the videos. really fantastic

@ Zayfod

My compliments for all the soundediting you guys did,. this is an exellent work. It added such a  great different atmosphere to OFP. You guys did a hell of a work, from weapons to radio chatter etc. I know some about sound editing, and I know how much hard work it is.

Special effects and scripting is outstanding. The best mod I've seen so far. Keep up this fantastic work.

Regards
nettrucker ;D

p.s posted the same in the BIS thread hope there's no problem with that.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2005, 15:52:14 by nettrucker »

funkster

« Reply #70 on: 17 Aug 2005, 07:39:01 »
Hey hey, just wanted to add my two cents.

First of all, of course, GREAT JOB!

The thing that most impresses me is the new sounds, OFP was badly in need of these really meaty gunfire effects. Its now scary to play with the sound up loud!

And also, I LOVE the way you guys made a 'printro' to the desert island scene at the start, it is total and absolute pure magic, the slow mo., so well coordinated with the music - awe inspiring. Camera work does not get any better than this.

Well done guys.

AboutToDie

« Reply #71 on: 19 Aug 2005, 16:06:55 »
Quick comment regarding the tank sounds... they seem very quiet! A few times a T80 has snuck up on me and I never even heard it till the last minute. Without the ECP sounds you can hear them coming a long way off, which sort of makes them more scary! All the other sounds are damn awesome though.

pazuzu

« Reply #72 on: 04 Sep 2005, 00:26:18 »
I've been told I can perminently disable some options in the config.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Offline twisted

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #73 on: 05 Sep 2005, 09:32:22 »
i asked this in the main forums but due to the massive amount of comments there it seems to have been over looked.

anyway, 1st thanks for a most amazing mod. OFP has come alive to me in a big way. lovely.

however one of the features i was looking forward to very much was that of suppresion. it was mentioned in the ECP soon release thread (the one that lasted almost a year :) )

but i find no mention of it now. so i must ask - is suppression in and does the AI react to suppressing fire and take cover?

thank you again for one of the best mods for OFP ever.

;D

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #74 on: 05 Sep 2005, 17:27:46 »
Great Mod but 2 things
1. How could i impliment the DSAI feature into FFUR woodland pack and of course the desert and winter and the 2005 and suprise packs when they are all released ?

2. How about a list of MP Servers wich are ECP compatible on the first pacge for example ? so we can just chose a server take the IP adress and join the game ?

oh and actually one more thing with ECP ive noticed the Fleeing sounds are played when there not even fleeing ive got a mission no group flees all are on allowfleeing 0 but they keep shouting 'Fall Back' or 'Retreat' etc etc whys this