Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP 1.085 released!  (Read 24309 times)

Batukhan

Re:ECP 1.085 released!
« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 2005, 00:49:01 »
Ok this is the weirdest thing. I just reinstalled Windows, and it STILL won't let me install, the same bug.

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #46 on: 28 Jul 2005, 01:05:17 »
Thank you ECP Team!

I even started playing the original campaign over again just to see the effects.

Possible Bug?
I was in map editor playing around and I released a couple of units.  Then when I went to have them join my group the action menu was acting weird.  Release units was first in the menu, then the join action.  Well everytime I switched down to the join command it would immediately switch back up to the release action, in other words I couldn't really select the join command because it kept moving back to the release action.  

Blip :joystick:
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline FullSpectrum

• Members
« Reply #47 on: 28 Jul 2005, 04:22:56 »
Very nice work to everyone who helped with ECP.

The only thing that standed out was that it was using the standard BIS animations for the soldiers. A quick question are there any animation packs out there that are compatible with ECP.

Other that the above mention I found everything else to be great keep up the great work.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #48 on: 28 Jul 2005, 06:12:33 »
OK, this is freaking weird  :P

When I place a woodfence (empty -objects,...it's a sandbag) in the editor and I destroy it with setdammage 1, the fence doesn't crumple anymore and no destroy sound either.
And it goes further...

When I debug the dammage of an intact fence via  the init...

Code: [Select]
hint format ["%1", getdammage this]
return is 0

But when debug in a radiotrigger or in the spectator console, return is 1 ???

What the hell happened with the woodfence?
I saw lots of strange things happening in the editor in these 4 yearsof editing but this is twilight zone!

Other then that, marvelous work, I love the AI shouting, it adds a lot to the atmosfere.  :)

« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2005, 06:20:16 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Dane

« Reply #49 on: 28 Jul 2005, 06:45:57 »

When I place a woodfence (empty -objects,...it's a sandbag) in the editor and I destroy it with setdammage 1, the fence doesn't crumple anymore and no destroy sound either.
And it goes further...

return is 0

I saw lots of strange things happening in the editor in these 4 yearsof editing but this is twilight zone!

Other then that, marvelous work, I love the AI shouting, it adds a lot to the atmosfere.  :)

I can confirm this except my return is 1 with the hint format in the init field.

jackass888

« Reply #50 on: 28 Jul 2005, 10:16:40 »
Sanctuarys DMA Animation Pack works well with ECP 8)  And still i haven't seen anyone surrender. Is soldier surrendering very rare??

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #51 on: 28 Jul 2005, 10:20:14 »
From what I've examined from the ECP_settings, the AI surrender is a 50-50 chance, and there's also some other conditions that need to be met in order for it to happen. :) I'm sure someone from the ECP can give you more information, but you can edit the surrender options in the ECP_settings so the AI will surrender more often.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #52 on: 28 Jul 2005, 10:22:18 »
ive got ai surrendering on but they dont surrender ever or not that ive seen
also if they do surrender are they turned to captive or are they still shot at because if there cative that will stop east not present triggers wroking so youll have to find the prisoner then shoot him

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #53 on: 28 Jul 2005, 12:37:29 »

And it goes further...

return is 0

ECP has altered sandbags so that AI will now fire over them without the map maker having to destroy them, this involved a config tweak and us setdamaging them to one.

Sandbags will no longer crumple up.
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Shadow=ASP=

« Reply #54 on: 28 Jul 2005, 13:07:51 »
Just thought I might aswell post this link for those of you who don't feel like making the modifications yourself on a linux server.
Thanks to Killswitch for the assistance and explanations om how the penguin server works.
All you need to do is unzip this file to your OFP-root directory and add @ecp to your modfolder-line.
ECP for Linux servers

Batukhan

« Reply #55 on: 28 Jul 2005, 17:11:13 »
Ok i know i'm a pain in the butt but could i have a zipped version?

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #56 on: 28 Jul 2005, 19:42:08 »
ECP has altered sandbags so that AI will now fire over them without the map maker having to destroy them, this involved a config tweak and us setdamaging them to one.

Sandbags will no longer crumple up.

OK, thx very good idea  :D
But what do I have to do when I play the mission without ECP, when I destroy them, they crumple and the become lower, so I have to setpos them a bit higher to give the units as much cover as possible. But when you play the mission in ECP the fence are setposed to high and ruines the whole gameplay.
I need to know how I can detect the mission is played in ECP...

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #57 on: 29 Jul 2005, 04:19:34 »
The absolute fastest way to detect ECP:

init.sqs or unit init line, or self activating startup trigger.
Blancos_ecp_check = false

IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] != {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {Blancos_ecp_check = true;hint "ECP is loaded"}

ECP_path is established instantly without delay upon start, it would be the most reliable and fastest way to establish if ECP is present.

;)
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Pravit

« Reply #58 on: 29 Jul 2005, 08:11:37 »
This is an AWESOME mod! Love the new explosions, gun sounds, AI talking...I was playing an MP mission just now and I noticed an oddity. It's cool that now other players seem to be able to take command when you go down, with squad respawn. But the strange thing was that my new leader, one of the other players, was a dead guy. Well, not totally dead. He was still alive on his side, but on my side it showed his corpse sliding around on the ground as he moved around and shot his gun. I wasn't able to get a good picture of it, but you can see him in the linked pic there lying in the road(yes he's alive, he even shot one of the guys who jumped out of the tank).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/Pravit/ECP_MP.jpg

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #59 on: 29 Jul 2005, 08:44:55 »
ive got EECP aswell ECP i unistalled EECP and installed ECP but now i want to install EECP again so i did and it installed in the same directory wich i dont mind so i thought i could have ECP and EECP aswell by installing ECP on some other folder renaming it to @ECP and name EECP to @EECP but i townt let me extract it to a different directory then the default condemaster/operation flaspoint directory ?

EDIT -
Also can i get the dynamic range sounds from this pack on just plain ofp ? or do i need a special config for it ?
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2005, 08:47:58 by 456820 »