Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: last loon  (Read 817 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
last loon
« on: 07 Jul 2005, 20:34:19 »
okay i know all of you hate this in missions when you have to search a whole city through several times to find the last loon to activate the trigger or even worse in a forset where one of my missions are and it does get a right pain in the arse
i used the search buttone typed in flee and all i could find is people saying get a fleeing script that will help but couldnt find a link checked in the ed depot to and noting

so is there a script that can just check when the unitsfleeing then check the units alive in the group and if its less then 2 or 3 what do you thinks best ?
than the group flees if theres more than 2 or 3 then it just carries on to their next waypoint im also trying to use allowfleeing 0 so you still get a nice tense firefight where the enemy dont give up

i would use a trigger to check the amount of units left in a group then syqronise it to a wp so then they run of but then i would have to create one per group and i have quite alot of groups

so a script would be best wich i can use on all east units
so anyone knows a link thjat would be great
thanks alot

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:last loon
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2005, 21:02:56 »
here's a link.

that will tell you who's fleeing. use a variable and add 1 to it each time the script finds someone fleeing. that will give you the total fleeing.

bluehand

« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2005, 10:28:35 »
There were spme good suggestions in a thread in Editors Depot / Editing/Scripting: General / Alternative to "not present" trigger

(found it by searching, so I don't know how to post a URL link, sorry)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2005, 12:34:29 »
hey guys i thinkk you misunderstood what i want im asking for a script wich will check if a group has about 2 or 3 men left then it will give a 60/40 percent of fleeing
as i want to use allowfleein 0 as that keeps the fire fight more intense instead of kill a few units then theyrun off wich gets abit boring so only when they have less then 3 men

i dont wat to use a trigger as that will add to lag as im creating one per group so i would like to use a script then i can also check the loop time

can someone give me some ideas for the script
cheers

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jul 2005, 13:31:41 »
If you don't want them to run off why not get them to all join up into large groups?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 08 Jul 2005, 19:26:31 »
i do want them to run off but not once youve killed about 2 men i want them to run when they have about 2 or 3 men left

qqqqqq

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jul 2005, 19:55:21 »
Not tested.

#loop
~10
? count units grp1 > 3: goto "loop"
leader grp1 allowfleeing 1
exit

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jul 2005, 19:58:38 »
i supose that might work but i dont think its that reliable, but what about domove does that work if a squad hasnt completed their waypoint would they goto the domove then goto their waypoint ?
if so then domove would work make them goto the other side of the island

qqqqqq

« Reply #8 on: 08 Jul 2005, 20:06:06 »
i dont think its that reliable

Why not?

Forgot to add a randomness element

? random 6 < 4: leader grp1 allowfleeing 1

If you have a lot of groups why not have a trigger.

West present once
count thislist < 8
"_x allowfleeing 1" foreach [thislist select 0, thislist select 3, thislist select 6]

What's the point of a domove command?  Why not just move the waypoints?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jul 2005, 20:12:37 »
well i just think its a bit unreliable because since the allowfleeing command has just been given there going to wait until they take another casualtie or 2 or maybe it will just make them run away and also the allwfleeing command doesnt make them flee from the battle forever they move to there last waypoint wait there for about 10seconds then come back into the action so you need a waypoint or move command to get them right out of the way

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #10 on: 08 Jul 2005, 21:18:23 »
so add a final 'hold' waypoint to each and every group, create a switch trigger with the conditions described above, and synchronise it to the second-last waypoint in each group.

that way when there are only 2-3 loons in a group, they 'flee' to the hold waypoint.

qqqqqq

« Reply #11 on: 08 Jul 2005, 22:44:03 »
there going to wait until they take another casualtie or 2

Wrong.  

The flee command is issued immediately once the size of the group drops below three.    The delay you can change to whatever you like:  you specifically said you didn't want to use a trigger, you wanted a slower loop.

the allwfleeing command doesnt make them flee from the battle forever

I believe that's wrong too.    When units in battle flee, they do sometimes come back.  With a scripted command they should be fleeing forever.    Anyway, if you thought this was true, why did you ask for a fleeing script?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 09 Jul 2005, 08:53:10 »
i asked for a fleeing script because i thought that would make the units flee from the battle and not come back with my experience the allowfleeing command makes them come back after a while thats why one of my first mission went in the bin because i didnt know about the allowfleeing command now i do
anyway ill try what bedges said i was also looking for a script as i can change the loop and i can use as many groups in it but ill have ago with triggers
thanks alot

topic solved