Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS Ranger/Delta Custom Patch help  (Read 1132 times)

Grendel

BAS Ranger/Delta Custom Patch help
« on: 17 May 2005, 18:46:16 »
Hey, thanks for looking in...

I was trying to add a .jpg to my mission folder for a custom arm patch to be used by the BAS ranger/deltas.  

I know about the limitations of .jpg files (2,4,8,16,32,64,etc) so I made one with 256X256 dimensions and 8 bit 256 colors.

When I used the setobjecttexture command, OFP gave me an error loading texture and a CTD.  What did I do wrong?

Since the patches in the pack are .paa (and me no speakie .PaA) I am lost.

Thank you for your help or interest.

-Grendel

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:BAS Ranger/Delta Custom Patch help
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2005, 19:02:03 »
I can't swear that this is the truth, but, I have heard that the limit for setObjectTexture is 32X32.

It could be wrong though.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Grendel

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2005, 19:25:20 »
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that after work...

-Grendel

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2005, 20:21:04 »
as i wrote in a different thread i have no clue who spread the rumor that there is a 32x32 limit! maybe there has been a limit but i don't know of any atm.
i've used several objecttextures of 256x256 without any problems for my iraqi infantry (helmet, berets, camo nets)-

so the fault must be somewhere else... are you sure you can set an objecttexture with a texture from a mission folder? i'm no mission expert so i don't know exactly.

if you can, i would try to convert the jpg into paa, that's not a problem. convert it into .tga with irfanview (could also use any other programme if you want, but this is freeware ;)) and then you convert this .tga into paa with feersum.edjinn's paatool (or use BIS's texview if you don't care about texture quality ;)) et voilà - you speakie paa  ;D
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2005, 17:25:18 »
Its not the size that is your problem (setobjecttexture is not limited in size, apart from the overall game engine limits) its the format. The image needs to be a *.paa or *.pac format.

Check Breathe for texview to use to convert your image (there are other tools, but for starters texview is the best)