Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: overviews  (Read 537 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
overviews
« on: 14 May 2005, 20:31:30 »
okay this might not even belong on this site but it might
Ive got aload of pictures for overview they have a border and nice shadow you might think so whats wrong.
I was thinking that having a kind of BIS pic would be nice not an actual one from the missions just there style the way they have the little squares wich make it look like an old computer that isnt very good just look at one and you will understand.
Basically i have Adobe Photoshop 6.0 well atleast i think i do how do i or can i create thateffect onto my own .jpg's.

Sorry if this doesnt belong here.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:overviews
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2005, 00:49:36 »
might not even belong on this site but it might
Yes it does.  Questions about Overview pics definitely belong here.    Pics from outside the game are perfectly acceptable to the Missions Depot and if they are good may even earn you a marginally higher score.

A long detailed thread about how to use Photoshop probably would be off topic, but a few quick tips on how to use Photoshop to improve your Overview pic is not.   If you need buckets of help on Photoshop you'd be better off on a Photoshop forum anyway.   I'm afraid I don't know anything about Photoshop so I can't help.

However, I think such a question probably sits better in Editing/Scripting: General than Sound and Cutscenes so I'll move this over.    

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2005, 20:36:08 »
well yes thats basically right i just need a few tips on how to create images a bit more BIS type so basically make it look more square well you know if youve seen a bis pic.
Also i can do a very poor way of this im not actually sure i was told and forgot but it didnt look very good

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2005, 21:00:03 »
Most folks just copy their picture over a BIS picture to make it look better.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2005, 21:39:36 »
Open your photo, goto Layer - Effects - Drop Shadow and tweak the values there.

I suggest putting a small border on the photo in MS Paint first. After you're done with the Drop Shadow, goto Image - Image Size, and set the values to something 2n. Otherwise your photos wont work.
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08