Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: the LST now useull  (Read 1342 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
the LST now useull
« on: 09 May 2005, 20:52:49 »
hey
i think i have found a way to make the LST ship that everyone says is useless usefull well thats what i think

To make it move easily use setveocity and do move commands
and to make it fire just use

This addweapon "shell125"; this addmagazine "shell125

in the lst's init fied to give it a shell125 and ammo
then to make it fire use dotarget and do fire commands
Would that work if so HOORAY ive made the LST good plus you can also add other weapons to it like vulcan cannons and LGB

Does this work if so someone plese say because i cant use setvelocity at all but could do the rest but just seeng if it would work

If it does then anyone can use the idea as long as they give me some sort of credit for the idea.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:the LST now useull
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2005, 21:04:55 »
I seem to recall a few years ago someone released a version of the LST that could move, not sure now if it could turn, but you could get it moving.

This of course was pre-Resistance days.

Somehow I doubt you can add weapons to it, although I haven't tried.  ::)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2005, 21:08:00 »
The LST is useful. I've seen it used in TONS of missions, so I don't know what you are talking about. It makes great scenery, and it is a great target to blow up with airplanes.

My main problem with it is that it will start moving pretty fast when you shoot it with a few rockets. This could be fixed with a setvelocity loop though.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2005, 07:55:06 »
well i dont mean as scenery usefull i mean more like usefull like the army intended it to be they didnt just put one in the middle of the sea and leave it there they planned to fire things from it

I got the idea adding weapons to it like how you can add tank weapons to the player then he can start firing sabot and heat rounds but its jst a suggestion it might work and if it could it would be quite different seeing it in a mission blowing up an enemy camp

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2005, 21:40:38 »
Okay, I see where you are coming from. It wouldn't be hard to just open up OFP and try adding some tank weapons to the ship, and see if it can fire them. I doubt it, but who knows, maybe it would work. Scripted workarounds seem fine to me though, because you normally wouldn't be close enough to a ship to see it fire its guns (especially with OFP's limited view distance). Oh yeah, and an LST is a transport ship anyways. ;)
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2005, 05:11:38 »
I would like to see it carry tanks and infantry and have a working rammp that tanks drive down.-

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2005, 13:00:07 »
If it does then anyone can use the idea as long as they give me some sort of credit for the idea.
It is  good idea 456820, but I'm afraid you're not the first to think of it.     ;)
« Last Edit: 13 May 2005, 13:00:41 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2005, 15:47:46 »
Theres a script in the editors depot that does this, isn't there?
- Ben

Lt.Ryan

« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2005, 01:49:03 »
I uesd some cargo scripts with the LST and loaded up about 20 APC's and 75 or so men... (can you say invasion force?) and hit the beach!

but also haveing the ship do fire missions would be cool... you could support landing troops
« Last Edit: 14 May 2005, 01:49:41 by Lt.Ryan »

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2005, 07:26:29 »
there's two LST fire mission scripts in the editors depot. one is older (v1.46) and one is newer (1.75, i think). the newer one uses flares to give the effect that it's actually firing it's guns. the pic looks pretty cool.
Cymbaline