Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: debrief for 'loose' endings?  (Read 1669 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
debrief for 'loose' endings?
« on: 26 Feb 2005, 15:35:59 »
i have looked, believe me. annoyingly enough snYpir's tutorial doesn't mention them, in fact there are a couple of queries at the bottom of his tute and they're left unanswered.

is there such a thing? or is there a way of triggering one of the 6 endings to get a debrief, and then somehow triggering the 'loose' ending to get the losing outro?

Cap

Re:debrief for 'loose' endings?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2005, 16:11:58 »
i take it your not making a campaign just a single mission, cos campaigns u need to be able to do the mission again (im not sure what the 'loose' type does, cos i just use endings 1 - 6)

just make 2 triggers ending #1 and #2 in the condition feild of #1 put the variable win and in #2 put the variable lose

define these variables in an init win = false; lose = false

then put in the  on-activation field of #1 [] exec "outrowin.sqs", and in #2 [] exec "outrolose.sqs"

then in the briefing.html put end 1 win and all the things u want to say, end 2 lose and all the things u want that to say.

oh yeah put a script or trigger that makes win = true when you win, and lose = true when you lose.

oh yeah i forgot if you put end #something it will end the mission, ok u need two more triggers, change the 2 triggers u already have to type = none (not endings) put two more triggers end #1 and #2, #1 put condition endwin and define this variable to true at the end of the outrowin.sqs do the same for outrolose.sqs.

Does that answer, and did u even understand it lol i edited it twice lol?
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2005, 16:18:50 by Cap »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2005, 16:21:03 »
Loose ending has no debrief.    

The workaround is to have a hidden Objective which appears only if the Loose ending is triggered.   You never see it until the Debriefing.

You can of course have any cutscene you like at the end of a mission, as Cap says.      In theory you can have differenct Outros depending on things that happen in the mission but transferring information from Mission to Outro - such as which cutscene to play for the Outro - is theoretically possible but very difficult.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2005, 17:13:51 »
@cap - that's a given. my problem is i want to be able to use the separate nature of the 2 outros (win/loose), i.e. a clear map independant of the mission info. if i simply use a cutscene script triggered from inside the mission, i have to setpos everything in/out of the way, which is a pain.

@gubes - yup, the transferring of info between mission and outro is a problem i'd encountered before, namely showing a character in the outro who'd been killed in the mission. i had thought savevariable would do the trick, but sadly not.

the hidden objective workaround - am i correct in thinking objectives can only be displayed on the left-hand section of the debrief notepad? if that's the case it'd look a wee bit odd.

ho hum. i suppose if the player loses, they don't particularly want to see a page telling them they suck, huh... ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2005, 17:14:34 »
It does look odd, but its better than nothing.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play