Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: briefing  (Read 777 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
briefing
« on: 24 Nov 2004, 12:29:19 »
i can hide objectives within the game but on the briefing before the mission starts it shows the objective i want hidden does anyone know hoe to sort that out.
Aswell does anyone know how to hide markers and make them show wen the second objective is shown.
And theres somethin about triggers ive seen in the forums and  i cant find now so does anyone know how to make a trigger activate wen only one unit is pesent (eg. wen player is present it activates the trigger) ive seen that in an example mission but i think i deleted it so i cnt find that either agen.

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
Re:briefing
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2004, 13:58:21 »
I can have a crack at 1 & 3 off the top of my head - dynamic markers isn't something I've tried yet.

1) Hiding objectives in briefings - make sure the objstatus "HIDDEN" command is executed in init.sqs; might also work in a unit's init field.  init.sqs is a script you write that the game automatically runs when a mission is loaded.

3) Synch the player to the trigger and it should only fire when the player meets the activation criteria.  Otherwise, you can put code in the condition field e.g:

this && player In thisList

More flexible but obviously not as easy.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2004, 14:26:29 »
yes thanks alot. I cnt be bothered learnin about the Init.sqs thing but thanks anyway and ive tried synqin the trigger to the player but it wont allow me the synq line just dissapers + ive heard when you synq the trigger with the player it comes up with more options wen u reload the trigger is that true and if it is help with synqin the player to the trigger.

But thanks anyway

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2004, 14:34:02 »
Read snYpir's "How to use Objectives and init.sqs" in the Editors Depot.    If you want hidden objectives you need to learn how to use init.sqs.   Fortunately it's easy.

Yes it is true that you can synch triggers and units, and you get new options in the Activation box.

setMarkerType "empty" to make the marker invisible.  (Do this in init.sqs, see you're using it for something else already.)    When you want it to appear, setmarkertype to whatever you want.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2004, 14:35:59 »
Oh i get it a bit now. thanks for ya help

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2004, 15:18:05 »
N00bies! Group em, not sync em!! :P

You are sooo gonna eat this up later Macca. ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2004, 15:18:54 »
oh write i must of miss read thanks

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2004, 19:22:17 »
ive used "Macguba's tutorial mission firstobj.sqs as a template" but on the mission it all works fine until i want the second objective to show the objective shows but the marker doesnt it says "no entry 'config .bin/CfgMarkers .Objective" does anyone know y

"2" ObjStatus "ACTIVE"

"Base" SetMarkerType "Objective"
"Base" setMarkerColor "ColorRed"

hint "Mission Updated"

Thats wat i put down is that right? if not wat do i do to correct it

Offline mr reality

• Members
  • insert sharp object
« Reply #8 on: 24 Nov 2004, 19:28:47 »
Heres an easy example of an init.sqs file

"1" objstatus "hidden"
"1" setmarkertype "empty"
"2" objstatus "hidden"
"2" setmarkertype "empty"

To create an init.sqs file all you have to do is write the above in your windows
notepad and where it says "save as" type init.sqs then put the file in the mission folder.
This will hide objectives and markers for 1 and 2
To enable the marker type "1" setmarkertype "markername" in the activation area of a trigger or a waypoint
The marker names are the same as the names in the editor eg: unknown, marker or destroy.

The problem with the expert answers on this forum is that you have to know what there talking about to understand it.I prefer an idiots guide to everything.
"I'd like to do more than dance with her"

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 24 Nov 2004, 19:39:27 »
i dont get the marker bit i thought it has to be the marker name not the number, or does that mean the marker have to be called 1

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 24 Nov 2004, 19:41:05 »
and arent u meant to put he marker show thing in the init.sqs file?

Offline mr reality

• Members
  • insert sharp object
« Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2004, 19:51:40 »
the marker i used is number 1 but you can call it anything.To show a marker or activate the objective that has to be done in the editor in a waypoint or a trigger.You use the init.sqs file to hide them not to show them.
"I'd like to do more than dance with her"

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 24 Nov 2004, 19:53:54 »
now thats just made everythin anoyin now ive got everythin in the init.sqs in order and its gonna take ages to get a trigger activate at the right time but thanks anyway