Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What I would love to see!  (Read 1506 times)

KAOS Inc.

What I would love to see!
« on: 04 Nov 2004, 17:29:49 »
  What I would love to see is where a website can break down something like" Sebnampack 2" into individual PBO zip files. Time after time I will read that someone has tried to download a "pack" only to have to redownload it all again because of an error (and yes this has happened to myself included). Although I can easily download anything, there are students or others on a budget with very small download limits who would have to wait until the next month to redownload large files. Breaking the packs down would save a lot of time (and for some......money!) in downloading. If anyone knows of such a website, please direct me to it by replying into this forum thanks.  

Dubieman

Re:What I would love to see!
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2004, 20:11:01 »
Check out the GetRight program. If you can't finish downloading or your interenet drops you, it saves it so you can start downloading again from where you left off. There is a free version on their site. I think it was www.getright.com if not, type it into a search engine. :P :)

And if you've looked at the sebnam addons, how do you know what is what? They are files like sebva1 and seb4 and stuff. Well yeah.... :P

This seems like a topic that's gonna be answered with an official OFPEC if it works don' try to fix it. :-\

KAOS Inc.

« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2004, 08:34:50 »
 Yes GRK I use GetRight to download and I have a 16 gig download limit with broadband so downloading(or redownloading) is not a problem with me. As with downloading individual files I do realize the problem but hey, life is a gamble! If something is packed into a file could the writers let people know in which file is what part? I have trouble usually with missing config's and redownloading seems to solve this problem. All this is just a harmless thought with good intentions!

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2004, 22:12:36 »
Well OFPEC's addons depot, not up yet, has high standards and well stuff like missing configs usually doesn't happen. Other sites hmm.... :P

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2004, 00:57:34 »
Well OFPEC's addons depot, not up yet...

*cough* Ahem! *cough*

;)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2004, 04:12:12 »
Well OFPEC's addons depot, not up yet..

Hmmmmm..........Well......I've been visiting it for a few days now.  :)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2004, 12:17:41 »
BAN HIM!! ;D

Personally, I do not like the idea. It'll get messy and many mods and larger addons is bound to each other. Not to mention if I would release an addon I don't want any of 'em bonehead OFPEC dudes (what? WHAT? I didn't say anything! ;D :P ) to cut it down to pieces. It's my work and OFPEC could actually get sued for cutting it down.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2004, 03:36:31 »
Well OFPEC's addons depot, not up yet..

Hehehe sorry but you guys keep it so quiet. :-[ :P
 I hadn't even thought to keep hitting the link in case my prayers were answered which I HAD been doing for the past 2 monthes.

All is right in the world. ;D 8)

Hellcow

« Reply #8 on: 08 Nov 2004, 05:11:33 »
Why do you/would you have a Download limit?
Is it for students only? Or does your Provider Just blow?