Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: starz  (Read 1251 times)

Dubieman

starz
« on: 13 Jul 2004, 20:39:12 »
What's up with the little stars in the top left your little forum box?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:starz
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2004, 20:55:05 »
They were "posts counters" in the "old days", even older than my presence on these forums. :o

The more you posted, the more stars you get. This function was removed along with the post counting.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2004, 21:05:54 »
How come the stars were disabled?
I guess you have none or both..

Also, just checking, the post counting was to stop people spamming to get higher post counts, yeah?
- Ben

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2004, 21:12:14 »
The stars and symbols in these kinds of forums are normally used to mark 'the rank' of a member. As I understand it, OFPEC wanted to have all members just members without any levels of ranks. This is understandable because these ranks could be interpreted as better and not so good members. So what I think OFPEC is trying to say is that all members are as dear and equal to her  :)
Not all is lost.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2004, 21:52:28 »
"There is no post count bigotry in my beloved OFPEC. I do not look down on low-posters, high-posters or plain old posters. Here you are all equally worthless."
- Gunnery Sergeant KTottE

;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2004, 00:30:51 »
Mods get five stars on the boards they moderate.    Everybody else gets one.     Once or twice there was talk of instigating some kind of system other than post count for awarding starts, but it turned out that nobody actually cared.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2004, 03:02:22 »
Nope I don't want to start it again, I was just asking about them.

I figured mods got five stars because of their godly status. :D

case closed :P