Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: VektorBoson's satellite mod  (Read 4308 times)

rOk

Re:VektorBoson's satellite mod
« Reply #30 on: 14 Jul 2004, 14:27:24 »
Hey Blanco

Sounds like a good job, can't wait to try it out

By soundguy, do you mean music (production) in general or OFP talk?

Oh i just remembered something...
The version I sent you cannot track spawned units/vehicles etc. Anything that can be done on that? I tried to put the trigger(unit detection) in the editor to repeatedly and it didn't work.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2004, 14:32:09 by rOk »

ponq

« Reply #31 on: 14 Jul 2004, 14:59:47 »
From Vektorboson's Dialog tute:

class RscSliderH
{
            type = CT_SLIDER;
            style = ST_HPOS;
            color[] = {0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1};
            idc = -1;
            sizeEx = 0.025;
};

I called this class RscSliderH because it is a horizontal slider (and BIS called it that, too). If you need a vertical slider, just change style to ST_LEFT.

I tested this and it works ;)
You should ofcourse change the width and height accordingly (swap them from your original horizontal slider).
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2004, 15:17:02 by ponq »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 15 Jul 2004, 16:39:01 »
thx, ponq
I must have overlooked that comment in his tute

Progres :

- It takes some time before the satelite is in position, time depends on the distance between SATuser and Camlogic.
1sec per 100m, so when you want to scan an area 1000m away from you it wil take 10 sec before the satellite is in position.
- You can cancel the satellite while you 're waiting
The version I sent you cannot track spawned units/vehicles etc. Anything that can be done on that? I tried to put the trigger(unit detection) in the editor to repeatedly and it didn't work.
You mean copyobjects.sqs?
Copying the objects in that trigger happens only once in the beginning, I think you have to update it sometimes in a (not to fast) loop , maybe 30 sec could be enough.
Soundguy in general or in OFP?
Both, I was a in band 4 years ago, but I have still my studio.

« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2004, 18:41:27 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

rOk

« Reply #33 on: 15 Jul 2004, 21:39:33 »
Hey Blanco

The woman voice and the waiting period sound really cool.
Does it perhaps simulate Chinese accent too?

Think it would be best if I let you handle the updating part, 'cos I simply don't know how to script that.  :-\
And all in all it would be a good addition to the script, once every 20-30 secs would be just right.

Nice! ;D
*reffering to studio*

« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2004, 21:40:37 by rOk »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #34 on: 16 Jul 2004, 20:27:35 »
About updating spawned units...

You can also add the unit to the allobjects list in your spawnscript itself. I dunno what spawnscript you are using, but when you give each spawned unit a name ( can be local I think) you can add him to the allobjects list.
The allobjects list is a  list with all units on the map created in the beginning.

Should look like this :

Code: [Select]
"SoldierWB" createUnit [getMarkerPos "SPAWNHERE", groupAlpha, "_loon = this",0.6, "corporal"]

allobjects = allobjects + [_loon]

So you don't have to update the allobjects list each 30 sec or so, only when a new unit is created.

I don't know coolspeech supports the Chinese language, I don't think so  :P

ZoomSlider is vertical aligned now. (thx Ponq)
Is there a way to align the text "IN <== ZOOM ==> OUT" vertical in the dialog? I tried ST_left as static style but it stays horizontal.
Maybe I replace it with picture of a little magnifying glass with a little minus and plus in it,...like in Photoshop...

rOk

« Reply #35 on: 16 Jul 2004, 20:43:13 »
Argh

I'm using this:

"SoldierWB" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha", groupAlpha, "s1 = this",0.6, "corporal"]
and then
s2=this
s3=this
etc...

if I put
_loon names wouldn't matter, right?

The end result being:
"OfficerW" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha",groupAlpha, "_loon= this",0.8, "corporal"
~1
]"SoldierW" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha", groupAlpha, "_loon = this",0.6, "private"
~1
]"SoldierWB" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha", groupAlpha, "_loon = this",0.6, "private"
~1

Correct?

And your method is better, it saves a lot of time. Typing to give them all different names is a pain.  :P

« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 20:47:07 by rOk »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: 16 Jul 2004, 21:13:15 »
Yes, there were 2 right brackets too much, but I think you got the point ... I didn't test it with _loon for every created unit, mut I think that should work, unless you need that unit later for a trigger or another script, then your name cant be local, or you can use the groupname (in your case GroupAlpha)

"OfficerW" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha",groupAlpha, "_loon= this",0.8, "corporal"
~1
"SoldierW" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha", groupAlpha, "_loon = this",0.6, "private"
~1
"SoldierWB" createUnit [getMarkerPos "alpha", groupAlpha, "_loon = this",0.6, "private"
~1

« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 21:41:36 by Blanco »

rOk

« Reply #37 on: 16 Jul 2004, 22:16:54 »
On this last note how would it be possible for those soldiers to execute a script after they're spawned.

I'm thinking something like a small trigger over the spawn marker which tells every unit of that side to exec a script.
Or perhaps written somehow in the script (the one with names) in a "_x exec "something.sqs" for each units group this" format-although i have already gotten errors trying this way.

On the other hand adding an eventhandler at the bottom of a script like that worked like a charm, but i attached it to a variable not an object(name).

Hope I'm still making sense, I'm in discovery mode right now.  ;D
Thanks

P.S.:not Chinese language, English language with an Chinese accent
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 22:18:43 by rOk »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #38 on: 17 Jul 2004, 20:12:31 »
To make spawned units run scripts : you d someting like newunit01 = "Soldier" createunit [here]
And then do [newunit01] exec "script"

- Ben

rOk

« Reply #39 on: 19 Jul 2004, 10:22:55 »
Indeed Onix, I used it this way too, but am wondering if one line of code could do it for the whole squad.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jul 2004, 17:49:47 »
That update is more important then I first thought.
When you place a manned vehicle on the map and you track him in satellite view, the crew will not be tracked when they disembark, because only the vehicle is in the allobjectlist at that moment, not the crew.

I can solve it with updating the list every time you activate the satellite, but it's still a problem when they disembark while you are tracking.
I could solve the problem with the recognition and tracking of empty vehicles, but you can't determine it's hostile or friendly because the side of an empty vehicle is always CIVILIAN. Dont ask why, it an engine restriction I guess.

I hope I can release a betatest this week,... when I don't find those last minute bugs anymore...  >:(

You can attach the satellite action to a soldier or a vehicle. When you attach it to a soldier, he will lay down while he's in satellite view.

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2004, 17:50:29 by Blanco »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #41 on: 19 Jul 2004, 18:33:57 »
So what do you want to happen when the crew get out.. What one would you track..?

Oh, it's civvilan so no one fires on it.. I guess

"You can attach the satellite action to a soldier or a vehicle. When you attach it to a soldier, he will lay down while he's in satellite view."
Hehehe :P
Paranoia pays off!
Do you make an object near them, that might make them think an enemy is near by? Dunno :S

Indeed Onix, I used it this way too, but am wondering if one line of code could do it for the whole squad.
Um.. The foreach command?
- Ben

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jul 2004, 19:31:48 »
Hehehe
Paranoia pays off!
Do you make an object near them...

;D
I make him lie down so he use cover and not just standing there. Remember you can't move while a dialog is active...
Creating an object near the SATuser would be nice, be I don't know what  object to choose. I was thinking about the laptop from the editorupgrade102. But AFAIK there's only a closed laptop. I need an open one.
Yes I'm a perfectionist.

...that might make them think an enemy is near by?

I really don't understand what you mean.
Probably my bad English...  :P

So what do you want to happen when the crew get out.. What one would you track..?

Imagine this : You are in satellite mode and you're tracking a truck.  The truck stops and the soldiers in cargo disembark.
You can track the truck but you can't track the soldiers because they aren't in the Allobjects list at that moment.
Maybe updating the list each time you push the track button could solve it.

@RoK

"[_x] exec ""script.sqs""" foreach units Groupalpha

Should work

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2004, 19:42:06 by Blanco »

rOk

« Reply #43 on: 19 Jul 2004, 19:53:16 »
About the object in front of the player while looking @ satellite:
There's a pc available @ ofp.info, comes with Windows XP, mahagony desk, nice comp. box etc...
That was a joke  ;D

My comments:
The soldier lying down while checking satellite-excellent idea

The updating to allobjects list when pressing track could be OK, as long as it's fast enough, so you wont be getting "No objects found" message for like 2 secs and then it would start tracking.

Must tell you can hardly wait to hear the woman, I have a thing for women "coordinators".

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2004, 19:54:16 by rOk »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #44 on: 19 Jul 2004, 20:02:21 »
Blanco.. I though you meant the person lies down is an enemy Ai, and somehow went prone when you started tracking them ::)
I see what you mean now
BTW, I could nock up a quick open laptop if you want..?
- Ben