Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: new idea: capture pack  (Read 630 times)

BronzeEagle

new idea: capture pack
« on: 28 May 2004, 18:03:30 »
I know people have released little things to steal in missions but theres a few more that haven't been thought of.  I'm talking about objects like a briefcase full of money, blueprints, military documents are already out, so are a floppy disk, but what about a cd rom?  Stuff that military units are tasked with capturing would be the theme of this pack.  Top secret units like Delta Force, Devgru or Marine Force Recon would be tasked with operations where they actually have to steal or capture top secret documents from guarded enemy camps n stuff like that.  This is what the object of this pack would be.  I have a script that will allow a player even in multiplayer to be able to grab up an object and that will set off an objective.  I even have one where you can drop the object.  I'm going to release it anyhow so I thought this would be cool to complement it and fairly easy for an addon maker to create so this goes down as an addon idea that you can use or not, its up to you.  Feedback welcome, and no flaming (Eagle).    
« Last Edit: 28 May 2004, 18:04:09 by BronzeEagle »

Dubieman

Re:new idea: capture pack
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2004, 23:55:00 »
Are these items gonna be like a magazine that has to be carried in your gear loadout?
Or is it seperate from that?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2004, 00:02:46 »
I think the Everon Cartel mod have a working safe with stuff you can steal.   Changing it from a floppy disk to documents to a CD is principally a matter of textures.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

BronzeEagle

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2004, 03:29:14 »
from testing of the script i can tell you that its not a thing for the slot, its more like you picked it up but it doesn't tkae up a slot, then you put it back down using the put down object script.  I've tried it and its fun.  ill post the mission.  My idea is have two demo missions with the pack, one where you just pick up the object to set off a trigger without putting it down as an action, then another where you have to pick up the object and lay it down at a location to earn the objective.  
« Last Edit: 29 May 2004, 03:30:30 by BronzeEagle »