Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simplified Artillery  (Read 2095 times)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Simplified Artillery
« on: 20 May 2004, 11:28:33 »
Hello everyone, this is my Simplified Artillery script.

It's designed for the missionmaker. It is started by a simple exec-line (information's in the readme), and that's all there is to it.

There is no player interaction with the script, unless the missionmaker creates scripts/triggers to use the Simplified Artillery script.

At the moment it is complete, and the only thing it lacks is airbursting shells, but that will be implemented in the next version.

I would like you to test this, both in SP and in MP, to see if there's anything that will make it screech to a halt.
There are no apparent bugs or errors with it, but knowing OFP I'm sure something will pop up :)
« Last Edit: 20 May 2004, 11:28:41 by KTottE »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Simplified Artillery
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2004, 11:42:03 »
I'll try it out today or tomorrow. Right now I can't cause I am setting arty targets on my own in the mission Hunter-Killer. :D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2004, 13:04:22 »
Nice lil' script. Although it isn't as advanced as many other arty scripts it does it's job. And it doesn't seem to work with handnades? That's a shame 'cause handnades are the only shell you can use without blowing up half the island. :'(

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2004, 14:03:58 »
Guess why it's called Simplified artillery :)

And I don't know why it doesn't work with handgrenades, no reason it shouldn't.
And you can use the Grenade shelltype (it's the M203 grenade), that's not as big of an explosion as the Shell/Heat73.
You should also be able to use the Mortar shelltype (M16 riflegrenade).

You could actually put in any classname there, anything from a M1A1 Abrams to a CH-47 helicopter would work.
I'm not sure what good that would be though :)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2004, 01:48:04 »
Good work. Nice, and easy to use.
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2004, 11:31:38 »
If you used the Mule's class name,  guess you could pund the enemy into the ground with ground with them, I guess ::)
Anyway, I'll download now and test out :)
- Ben

Duke Dax

« Reply #6 on: 07 Jun 2004, 16:19:10 »
You have to use "grenadeshand" (or was it "grenadehand"?!) for creating handgrenades with "createvehicle"!