Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help needed making Desert CTF  (Read 453 times)

Marshal

Help needed making Desert CTF
« on: 30 Apr 2004, 14:53:36 »
Hi,

Some of you may know that I run the TNT league (http://www.tntleague.com) and I am just about to start making a few new maps based on the Middle East area. Basically I am going to use the USMC troops for the west and a couple of Afghan looking resistance who wear headgear.

First off, what is the best all round pack for desert vehicles? Ive seen a few around but none seem to have a good selection of tanks, jeeps, trucks etc. Also how do I go about letting the resistance use similar weapons to the west. The USMC troops come with far superior weapons which would make the map very uneven if I left it that way. How do I set up the game so both sides have access to the better weapons?

Cheers in advance for any help you can give.

Marshal Law

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Re:Help needed making Desert CTF
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2004, 15:08:33 »
I have had a hard time finding good desert vehicles too, but there is this add on:  ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Buggy2_OFPAddon.msi (ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Buggy2_OFPAddon.msi)
that has some really well done vehicles suitable for desert environments..  I have made a few race type maps using these and they have been a lot of fun.  Take a look and see if they would fit one of your needs, thay are much more fun than jeeps!
  Also the BAS KLR250 is nice for desert use, and most folks already have that add on.
  Will keep my eyes open for any other good desert packs too.