Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: probably more a function than a script  (Read 366 times)

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
probably more a function than a script
« on: 18 Apr 2004, 13:05:06 »
Well, the things i need seems to be better covered by a function than a script (could be done by a script too, i think) and as these functions i need are a little "mission specific" i wouldn't post this in the "Function request" thread.

There are 2 Functions i need.

First, one which i could use to assign a Car to a specific player (no, not the assignas****** command). It should be something like: hey guy, you bought this Car, here's the key, it's yours, no one else can drive it.
You see the point i guess.

The second is based on the above...you might guess it: a function which checks if a guy IS the owner of a car. So i could use it in a script which lock/unlock a Car but only allows it if the Guy IS the owner of the Car.

I know, these things could be probably done by a script, but i guess i have to mess around with variables and stuff and i think it could be easier done by a function (which is, if i did understand it correctly, some similar like a new command for OFP...not exactly the same but similar)

I would write it on my own, but sadly my programming knowledge isn't that good...it is just good enough to make some scripts.

If any of you could help me and write these functions for me, it would be a great help.

Thx in advance

Myke

Offline myke13021

• Contributing Member
  • Myke
Re:probably more a function than a script
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2004, 00:51:34 »
outdated...i could do it with arrays.