Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Damage help  (Read 348 times)

illmatic

Damage help
« on: 31 Jan 2004, 18:56:25 »
Ok i'll explain what a stinger spike is first before i explain the problem, its a rail of spikes a cop would throw out into the road at the end of a pursuit, these pop the cars tires...

alright the problem

i want to bust the tires when they drive over this spike trap, i'll be using a trigger over it, when a car, and only a car passes through this trigger it will probaly setdammage ## im not sure if you can do it this way by busting the tires without setting the damage so high, infact i think another method mite be better!

i cud use a heat shell under the car, but i really didnt want this to happen cause i want this realistic

and also another problem, i don't want to define a name to the vehicle (because im using a buy menu and i'd be lost how to name each vehicle that is bought), i want to try and do this so any vehicle goes through the tigger, the tires bust and the man isnt hurt either!

ok i hope this makes sense i dont speak very good english...... please someone give me pointers to how to get past this problem, i can understand complicated answers so you dont have to spend much time replying to this message! thankyou!

deaddog

Re:Damage help
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2004, 19:42:23 »
Place a trigger where you want the action to occur.

anybody present
condition:  "car" counttype thislist > 0
activation: {if ("car" counttype [_x] > 0) then {_x setdammage .92;_x setfuel 0}} foreach thislist

I couldn't come up with a way to bust just the tires.  I don't think there is a way to do that.  But setting the fuel to 0 will make sure it can't move anymore.

Give it a try.

illmatic

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2004, 21:20:50 »
Thanks m8! i got it to work fine your da best!!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2004, 03:59:52 »
AFAIK deaddog is right, there is no way to do damage to a specific part of a vehicle, like the tyres.    
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play