Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Don't go prone  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Don't go prone
« on: 15 Jan 2004, 16:50:27 »
Along with camping, I hate people who spend the majority of their time on their bellies in a ctf.  Is there any way to force people in a MP game to not be prone?  I was thinking of the setunitpos command but can that be cycled to force people who keep hitting the prone button to stand up?

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re:Don't go prone
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2004, 18:41:11 »
nope - no way to alter a player's unitpos in any way

You could setpos them instantly 2 meters above ground
level, but:  :D how would that look like.

Nah - really now: hiding in a bush is what most of intelligent
human would do, once the first bullet starts flying.

Ah wait:

make your CTF on desert island, AFAIK there are no bushes
to hide in, and digging in hasn't been implemented in OFP yet.  ;D

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2004, 18:47:19 »
IF you can detect when a unit is 'on his belly', you could make him do a stand animation.

But really, why would you want to? Crouching is what OFP is all about. Some counterstrike or what ever 1st person shootout game is more for running and random shooting.. I'd hit the ground if somebody shot me, and that's what we all do in OFP too, that's why it's such a great game  :D
Not all is lost.

PsyWarrior

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2004, 18:50:52 »
Desert Island? It would be a deathmatch! Nowhere to hide, no way to avoid being killed - noone would ever capture the flag! It would be anarchy, chaos! Sounds like fun actually...

Anyhow, I suppose it might be possible to use the switchmove command to force people on their feet, but go knows how much that would mess stuff up. It would be impossible to move - every 2 seconds or so you would jump into the standing still position.

And I can't honestly see the point in it. OFP is a very tactical game. You need to keep your eyes open for snipers, and watch every bush as if it was an enemy. Because it may well be.

If it moves, drill it with a few rounds. :gunman:

Personally, I love it when opponents go prone. It means that there's no way they can dodge my bullets. No leading required, just point, shoot and dead.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2004, 18:51:26 »
Yeah, off course you could force an animation onto the
player, as Artak said, but during this animation, the player
wouldn't have any control over his guy.

(*goes prone*)

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted