Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Killing children  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
  • HEY STOP TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER SIMPLE THREADS
Killing children
« on: 02 Jan 2004, 17:12:37 »
I was wondering if anyone could make any children units, i wanna make this f****d up intro for when somone walks into town and sees a heap of dead women and children being burnt,
Much appreciated peeps
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Quid Novi

Re:Killing children
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2004, 17:22:52 »
hmmm... problem is that ofp soldiers have a kind of 'skeleton' hard coded into the game... hence smaller units (i.e children) won't work...

Ebud tried to make shorter Vietnamese soldiers like in real life for the nam pack, and he encountered the same problem...

although we do have women, so men and women dead and burning could work fine...

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2004, 18:22:46 »
i have treid making a midget. the little soldier could walk and shoot  buit the model got all warped out from the animtions

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2004, 19:19:19 »
Or you could make all new animations.

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jan 2004, 07:39:26 »
Isnt there a law of Killing kids in games these days  ???  ??? ???
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2004, 07:39:56 by Ratboy »
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 2004, 07:50:08 »
You can make a large "pile-of-corpses" object and then use a drop-created fire to make it look like the pile is being torched.

Quid Novi

« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2004, 15:38:49 »
Isnt there a law of Killing kids in games these days  ???  ??? ???

come to think of it... ever seen a game that you kill children? GTA has no kids in.... hmmm

Homefry31464

« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 2004, 18:24:35 »
I think its generally frouned upon, so game makers don't put them in the games.  If you wanted child units, you would either (a), make new models and animations, or (b), make the new models and they would be static.  For (b), a few models would have to be made to show different positions, dead, sleeping, etc.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2004, 20:48:44 »
There are no dead children in games cause medias all screwed up and they are gonna be like "aaaaaaaaaaah! our children is learning to kill children. aaaaaaaaaah!". And we're all like "aaaaaaaah! we cant play nomore for our parents". And the goverments like "aaaaaaaaaah! burn every copy of every game!". And we're like "aaaaaaaaaaaah! Noooooooooooooooo!". And they're like "aaaaaaaaaaaah! kill em sonuvabitches". And our parents like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! they killed my child". And then like goverments like "aaaaaaaaaaaaah! no! we've learned to kill childrens beacause of that game!" And the computer games are no more cause they are banned for ever.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Batdog

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2004, 07:48:39 »
Well there was a child in the Getaway but you cant shoot it.

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 2004, 20:20:34 »
Personally i think there should be more child killing in games, ah ha max payne's baby is dead and you can shoot it, the nightmare levels cool, would anyone be whilling to try and make some dead children??? :)
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Homefry31464

« Reply #11 on: 07 Jan 2004, 02:39:59 »
I don't know if I agree with you on that Mikeyfish, killing kids, why?  I see no need in that.  If you want child units, you could make them static.  Have a few models in various death positions, and you can easily have the intro you want, without the controversy that would accompany children units.

calm_terror

« Reply #12 on: 07 Jan 2004, 03:15:34 »
what aboot all those african countries that use drugged up children as soldiers?
there for models of children both civilian and soldier is realistic.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 07 Jan 2004, 10:37:51 »
Yea but go ahead, do a child model and see how well it works with the animations...

calm_terror

« Reply #14 on: 07 Jan 2004, 14:10:21 »
hence why you would need to do custom animations

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #15 on: 07 Jan 2004, 14:14:43 »
Haven't we allready said that?

The OFP human modells use a skeleton. If you would make a shorter person the arms movement would be in the head and everything would look very strange.

m21man

« Reply #16 on: 07 Jan 2004, 18:01:08 »
Just a make a "pile-o'-bodies" model and then use drop to make it look like it's burning. It's probably the best way.

Offline Batdog

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 08 Jan 2004, 10:42:46 »
O tried the "pile-o-body" but the bodys go through each outher.  :(

Quid Novi

« Reply #18 on: 08 Jan 2004, 11:14:25 »
be abit more clever about it... place a circle of bodies... then pallets in the middle oif them... then place men on pallets in circle... more pallets... etc etc etc...

even if the player see's the pallets, it just looks like kindlig to burn the people  ;)

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
« Reply #19 on: 08 Jan 2004, 12:52:47 »
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #20 on: 08 Jan 2004, 18:33:47 »
wats da prob ::)

make very tall children :P ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jan 2004, 20:58:14 »
Could you somehow make an addon of a child by just using a normal model of a person and just erase the top half?? Or maybe make a an animated version, i saw an animated dog somewhere and it looked pretty cool. I just need an addon i understand you cant change game perameters,
:beat: :beat: :beat: <<<<<<<Dead children
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #22 on: 11 Jan 2004, 23:25:18 »
IMHO there's no need to bring children and a wargame
into the same box - especially when it comes to kill
them  ::)

Couldn't you better go for a long time lost human race
where there are fully grown up ppl with a max height
of 120 or so?

plz don't try to convert OFP into a kill the childs game  :-\

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

j-man

« Reply #23 on: 12 Jan 2004, 06:47:18 »
plz don't try to convert OFP into a kill the childs game   :-\

I totally agree. Also, it'll really degrade the mission, whos gona play something where children and women are being set on fire?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #24 on: 12 Jan 2004, 08:02:01 »
I totally agree. Also, it'll really degrade the mission, whos gona play something where children and women are being set on fire?

I FIND THAT OFFENSIVE!!! So men are allowed to be burnt, huh, huh, huh?!!!!??? YOU WANT ME BURNED EH?!?!

j/k ;D

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #25 on: 12 Jan 2004, 10:36:12 »
I FIND THAT OFFENSIVE!!! So men are allowed to be burnt, huh, huh, huh?!!!!??? YOU WANT ME BURNED EH?!?!

Nah Armsty, as you could see above:

we tried to avoid you from gettin killed in the game  ;D :P

just kiddin, even if there's no space for kiddin inside this
thread  :-X

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #26 on: 12 Jan 2004, 12:37:01 »
donno ill find it prety kool

burnin somin dat look like ma lil bro :P  8) it may even stop me hitin him ::) ;D

seriusly tho no real need 4 it ::) mebe we can make dis addon so dey cant die ? ;D so deres no killing kids ?

LCD OUT

P.S also who knows bout games were dere r kides dat r killed

lemme check

1 - MAx payne 1 (think only cutscene ot somin like dat ?)
2 - Postal 2 - game dats nice 4 da 1st 5 mins nd den gets boring (unless u r under da age of 10 were pissin on oder ppl is fun ::))
3 - the sims ::) a best seller - i got friends da playz dat  :-X even tho da only way ill look on dat game is from behind a RPG ;D -ma friendz hobby is 2 kill lil children by starvin em  ;D
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2004, 12:40:17 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #27 on: 12 Jan 2004, 22:26:43 »
The Sims and Postal 2, yeauck! You hit the bottom of the game history man. :P

PsyWarrior

« Reply #28 on: 12 Jan 2004, 23:22:42 »
Beyond...

...wrong.

And that's just about all I have to say about that.

Having burning corpses of children to increse the tension and emphasise the 'horror of war' aspect is one (albeit controversial) thing, but having children addons just so you can massacre them in a bloody frenzy with M240s is quite another.

Needless to say, we don't really need this kinda child massacre thing around here.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #29 on: 13 Jan 2004, 00:55:48 »
Psy Warrior:

absolutely right and exactly what i felt (i just couldn't
say that like you did, as english is still not my primary
language)

~S~ CD

PsyWarrior

« Reply #30 on: 13 Jan 2004, 15:27:57 »
I think the general consensus on this is clear.

Apart from the few of us with *slight* mental instabilities :help: , there doesn't seem to be much support for this addon, certainly not for the purposes indicated. There are plenty of other ways to invoke shock without resorting to burning children.

Added to which, it seems that creating an addon like this would be pretty much impossible at the minuite anyway.

I believe this topic has outlived it's welcome...

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
 :hmm:

gothicv

« Reply #31 on: 14 Jan 2004, 21:54:14 »
Has everyone forgotten Deus Ex? On the second stage when that kid tells you to go to hell for not having any food for him? I remember just pulling out my pistol and blasting him... then realizing that I killed him. It was shocking, yet realistic (alright, I was playing the part of a cyborg....) but still. I don't like the idea of killing children, however it does happen. It would add realism to this war sim. After all, it is a simulation. I'm neither for nor against it's creation, since I try not to use addons as much as possible (just cause I like the faster load times in multiplayer)

Also, that whole 9/11 mission someone was thinking about before everyone shut it down... that would be realistic. What's the difference between that mission and a mission simulating what's going on in Iraq? Sure, it seems bad to us for that attack, but it also to them seems wrong of us going in there to kick their asses.

I'm not taking sides, but I am against people shutting down ideas because they prefer not to think they are happening. War happens, "The first casualty of war is innocence" and I should probably get back to work...

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
« Reply #32 on: 15 Jan 2004, 13:20:44 »
Okey dookie kiling children is a bad issue. Sorry i'll shut my big fat face then. I guess i just wanted to shock as one of you said. My idea was that the sun would pierce through the tops of the trees shining beams onto the guys car. He would be listening to some chill out music in his civilian clothing and he would pull up into his small village and find all his famliy and friends burning with some flag set up in his village with troops patrolling it. I think i'll just use women and men because children is so contraversial, thanks anyhoo
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :help:
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

PsyWarrior

« Reply #33 on: 15 Jan 2004, 13:26:23 »
gothicv:
Perhaps it is true that we should not shy away from the truths of war - war is not nice. This is a perfectly valid point.

However, this does not mean that I agree with what you are saying.

I don't believe having more civilians to lock in your gun sights would make a this *soldier sim* any more realistic. The only possible justification for this would be to use as a 'shock tactic' in a cutscene. Additionally, OFP is, as you pointed out, a simulation - you want to experiance the true horrors of war, join the army.
plz don't try to convert OFP into a kill the childs game

And in response to your talk of 9/11;
1. Who is this 'us'? you are either assuming that everyone in this forum is supportive of Op:Iraqi Freedom, or you are speaking for the entire coalition. This is not good.

2. The difference between 9/11 and the recent war in Iraq is this: 9/11 was a terrorist attack designed to kill civilians. Op: Iraqi Freedom was a military campaign that aimed to depose Saddam Hussein. There were always going to be civilian casualties, but that was not the aim of the operation.

I cannot speak for everyone here, but I do not shy away from these issues. I do not "prefer not to think that they are happening". As you say, war happens and there is no escaping this. This does not mean that we need to populate the OFP world with killing children and other atrocities.

-PsyWarrior

P.S. -> Good call MikeyFish.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2004, 13:27:41 by PsyWarrior »

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #34 on: 15 Jan 2004, 13:54:07 »
Okay people, we're getting away from the topic now.

I think we all know the consensus, so its time for this thread to rest before it becomes yet another "USA in Iraq - bad/good" thread.

*locked*
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"