Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Thoughts on the ed depot so far?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
Thoughts on the ed depot so far?
« on: 13 Sep 2002, 12:08:06 »
Well, all of the uploading is done for the new ed depot. It has been a very hectic couple of weeks :P

All of the old tutes, snippets and tools are now accessable from the new interface. I know it is sorta hard to use, but it will be improved.

From what we have, Backoff and I are going to build the ULTIMATE OFP editing resource, catering for all known forms of OFP editing.

We have the technology, the resources and the time ;)

I know it is a hot debate, but I have always believed that it is the mission that makes an OFP game, not the addons. Sure, addons are popular, and getting more so, but without quality missions to play these addons what's the point?

So, help us make the ed depot what you want it to be. If you have a suggestion, please make a new thread and tell us about it. Now that the initial rush is over, we can start to slow down and think of the best way to do things.

Click on 'EDITIORS DEPOT' in the top nav bar to read a little about what we are going to do over the next few weeks.

:-*
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Thoughts on the ed depot so far?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2002, 16:20:25 »
snYpir, I think there's a lot of mission designers out there who would have given up had it not been for you and everybody else who has contributed to the Ed depot.   Well, me at any rate.   Many, many thanks to you all.

Addons and fancy cutscenes are great - there is a danger of boredom otherwise - but I agree that the heart of  good mission is, well a good mission.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Guru

Re:Thoughts on the ed depot so far?
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2002, 22:03:17 »
i agree, its like a movie.
you can have all the bang an fizzle in the world but, if the story line blows well... need i say more.
Good work guys, i woulda gave up too. without your help :)
-
p.s. You've done a great job on this site,best 1 ive seen yet
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2002, 22:05:47 by Willy Makeit »

PetriHonka

Re: Thoughts on the ed depot so far?
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2006, 16:06:32 »
i still only make missions with basic triggers and hardly any scripts but i wouldn't be able to do even that without you guys. The help you give is much apprecieted :check:

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Thoughts on the ed depot so far?
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2006, 16:18:22 »
:)

it's comments like that make the effort worthwhile.

it has to be said that the relationship goes both ways. if it weren't for the fact that there's such a strong and devoted community out there who need these resources, i doubt we'd feel the need to bother. many of the OFPEC staff have a lot on their real-life plates, and the time they spend administrating the site for free is quite precious. but we all do it because of the love there is out there for OFPEC and the place it has in the flashpoint community.

thanks for the support matt. we love you too  :-*