Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fighting Retreat  (Read 2958 times)

Bremmer

Fighting Retreat
« on: 11 Sep 2002, 00:12:08 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
Re:Fighting Retreat
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2002, 22:37:49 »
DL'd it mate... Will report later

_54th_Yoshi

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2002, 00:46:30 »
I like that script. I even made a little mission where you infiltrate an enemy base and an alarm sounds and a minute later, 2 helos with paratroopers jump out and you try to make your way back to the truck and make a run for it for your base. Fun  ;D

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2002, 21:58:56 »
Well Bremmer it is good, but i altered it a bit so that it used one squad, split into two. Its not quite what i was expecting but it is very good mate. Well done - As you said it is a BETA ;D

Bremmer

« Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2002, 01:35:35 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2002, 01:37:10 by Bremmer »

Guru

« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2002, 13:43:29 »
well i d/l'ed it, an ill have to get back to ya. but i will soon.
-
sounds real promising tho   ;D

Guru

« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2002, 23:49:12 »
well i gave your example mission a go and..
-
made myself a new seperate dude to observe with,hiding in a bush lol.
-
seemed to work for the first 2 squad movements then 1 squad kinda gets confused it seems,kinda breaks up. and a
 "to few ppl in squad"  message comes up an script terminates.
am not sure why they break up it may be game AI interfereing with your script in between the script commands.but for the most part the're trying to do as the script is telling em.but i think the close prox of the enemy is causing them to stop an look or hit the dirt an stuff.
-
tried it as player as you set it up, an well same thing happened guys in other squad that were covering some followed us "Players squad" an "to few ppl in squad" message came up again. an i was following the commands as best i could. my squad did exactly as it was suppose to, it was the other squad " the dudes giving cover" that was getting confused breaking up an some guys run towards our squad and then the "to few ppl in squad" thing
-
also i noticed the dudes were some what running around like there was some conflicting commands happening "not ur script" but like 2 commanders giving diff orders to same dudes at same time. they were getting up an looking 1 way then the other.running back an forth 4-5 feet 1 way then back, i think games AI is the prob,there detecting the enemy an AI is issuing commands at same time as script.
would be awesome if u could disable AI altogether for selected dudes "dont know if thats possible". an just let script do it all.  
or perhaps script it so ai cant interfere, using formation commands "like form line" and setdir an set em to combatcrouch in a loop along with dofire for cover fire, till its time to move an so on
thats how it went for me anyway
but its definately got potential
good idea in the making alright  ;D
oh ya, it was "retreat2" i tested. I never tested "retreat1"
if u post a revision ill retest it again
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2002, 00:29:28 by Willy Makeit »

Bremmer

« Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2002, 14:39:46 »
Thanks for the feedback Willy

There are still a few problems I agree. The squad breaking up is a result of the way I have checked to see if the falling back squad has reached its position. I only check the leader, then assume the rest of the squad is also ready. In situations with enemy units close by that isn't always the case, so there are frequently stragglers. What I really need is some command to check that the leader has reached his position AND his squad is in formation. I may have a solution, but I'll need to do some more testing.

The other problem you experienced (too few people remaining) should only happen under two conditions :

- when the script is first initiated if there are insufficient group members to form an effective retreat.
- If the AI is wiped out, or all the other members of the players squad.

The first problem is due to poor setup of the script on the mission makers part - nothing I can do about that. The second isn't really a fault. The hint is just there to tell you that there is no point in trying to stage an ordered retreat - your covering fire is dead! If this message pops up elsewhere then there is an error. I'll have check to make sure.

Hopefully the next version will have spoken radio commands which should make following the retreat procedure a lot easier.

Thanks again.

:)

MekBat-Jim

« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:15:57 »
Is it possible to make tanks retreat without turn around..

I would like them to show front armor when retreating..

Guru

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2002, 17:54:40 »
 ;D well i retried your script to see if i was doing something wrong, and i wasnt really but...
YOU were RIGHT :cheers: they were getting killed by the enemy.
so of coarse there was "to few people in squad"  lol
so i moved the enemy back some for just a little more breathing room and added some woodfences here and there for cover ;D
And it worked GREAT!!!! they moved back as they were suppose to and they used the cover i setup even. :toocool:
great work!!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2003, 23:18:11 »
Why was the attachment deleted.. Because it is an old thread?
- Ben

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2003, 18:00:28 »
Oh well, I was hoping to download it too, I'll have to wayt now. :(
SCREWBY!!!

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 27 Nov 2003, 21:39:07 »
I dl it long time ago, there are still some small problems with it, but in general it's a very very good script. Fun to play.

If you want it send me a pm because I can't find a dl, it's on my HD

Search or search or search before you ask.