Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon recruitments  (Read 1179 times)

Gilbert 21vb

Addon recruitments
« on: 27 Jul 2003, 02:39:50 »
I was wondering...

I've had an add on the recruitments page (through my addon team) looking for someone to help us in making addons..  we haven't had a single reply so far..

Is the recruitment pages acually working? Does those people with the abilities acually go there to look for work? Or is it just helpless addon makers, who go there???...

asmodeus

Re:Addon recruitments
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2003, 06:53:50 »
Hi Gilbert 21vb!

I just checked and yes, the recruitment depot is working properly.  

As far as your lack of replies, In my opinion the problem is that almost everyone who has the abilities that most mods are looking for, are already on a team or busy with their own projects.  (especially texturers)

I think there's a ton of mods out there that need help, and hardly anyone with the skills that doesn't already have a lot on their plate.   :-\

Asmo

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2003, 11:22:25 »
Hey there Gilbert...

As your ad was just 'unpended' (made viewable to the public) yesterday, I would be very surprised if you had gotten any answers to it on the 27th...

As with any job advertisement, it will take time for replys to start coming in. Also, as Asmo pointed out, pickings are often slim ;)

Unfortunately the Recruitment Depot isn't a magic bullet... just because you've posted up an advert doesn't mean people will come beating down your door...

The last advert I put up only garnered two replies... however that was more than enough to fill the position I needed ;)

The best way to recruit in the OFP business is by getting to know people. The way I would recommend is to do some beta testing for people... what you test is up to you (missions/addons/experimental contraceptives... er... never mind that last one ;D), but the key is to get out into the community and meet people. Then you can start calling in favours :o ;)

Anyway, Good luck with it and remember: Good things take time...

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2003, 11:54:21 »
*comes knocking on sui's door*

mght ask u for that favour soon  ;)... ermmm... not the sexual kind... voices  :D
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion