Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addons Depot Staff needed *bad*  (Read 10458 times)

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:Addons Depot Staff needed *bad*
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2003, 13:26:12 »
Sorry guys, slight clarification.

The Over-18 applies to the Forums only. Feel free to apply for other taskings in OFPEC as normal.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

mrukas

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2003, 18:57:25 »
so that means you cant be moderator in forum unless you're +18?

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2003, 19:32:14 »
Exactamundo.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2003, 19:38:20 »
Exactly. And you can't apply for a moderators job. If we think you would make a good moderator we will approach you.

For all other jobs 18+ might be helpful but is not required.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2003, 21:44:48 »
ermmm... how  ???

don't want to sound rebelious (lol) but how does an 18 year old have better reviewing skills than a 17 year old?

now... for a mods job, yeah... i understand (been there done that etc) - more mature, better at making such decisions... more experienced in life with exams and jobs etc - more responsible...

but... this doesnt mean you're gonna choose over 18's over those under? its a 15+ game, so sureley 15+ should have equal chance?

just a thought - although i know the answer probally and its been brought up so many times over the last 2 years...

(jeeeze, im too old here - lol)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #20 on: 15 Jun 2003, 00:06:30 »
I remember the 'over 18' -rule used to being applied to ALL the parts of the site.

This was founded and based on with some legal stuff I never really understood. Is the legal stuff over now sense we can hire under 18 year olds?

my 2 cents is that the 'over 18' -rule was/is good, but now a days it makes finding staff a bit hard  :(
Not all is lost.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 15 Jun 2003, 01:30:39 »
don't want to sound rebelious (lol) but how does an 18 year old have better reviewing skills than a 17 year old?

The Over-18 applies to the Forums only. Feel free to apply for other taskings in OFPEC as normal.

'Nuff quoted. ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #22 on: 15 Jun 2003, 01:45:38 »
For all other jobs 18+ might be helpful but is not required.

thats what i was getting at fella - how is it 'helpful'  ::)

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2003, 02:21:32 »
Mezzy,

You said it best yourself. :)

... i understand (been there done that etc) - more mature, better at making such decisions... more experienced in life with exams and jobs etc - more responsible...

Hence, why its preferable but by no means is it a restriction that people are over 18.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2003, 02:23:47 by Noon416 »

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 15 Jun 2003, 03:09:17 »
but... this doesnt mean you're gonna choose over 18's over those under? its a 15+ game, so sureley 15+ should have equal chance?

Hold your horses, Messiah, and ake a look at our practice. We have under 18 staff (except in the forums), including (and especially) some of the most recently recruited. Nobody can say there would be no chances for people under 18. Our recruiting decisions are based on our experience and common sense. And age is one of the less important things we look at.

Nothing has to be added to Noons point. In the time we're running the site we have made pretty much every experience with recruiting staff you can imagine (good ones and bad ones). When I say "It's helpful, but not required, to be 18 or older", this statement is simply based on our experience. But you shouldn't over-interpret it or let it disencourage you. If you feel you can contribute to the site, we'll take a fair look at your application and when we feel you're suited, you're more than welcome.

Offline FatWombat

• Members
  • Dangerous Marsupial
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jun 2003, 06:26:23 »
I applied for addon reviewer the other day while...um...how should I put this...while I was "under the influence"  ::)

I'm actually serious about wanting to review addons (& missions) for you guys, no matter how I filled out the application. Just thought I'd let you know.
"He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it." - Confucius

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #26 on: 15 Jun 2003, 11:30:24 »
yeah yeah... thats cool lads... sefe, not having a go at u or any thing matey, just wanted to get the right end of the (beating) stick  ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #27 on: 15 Jun 2003, 12:13:17 »
OK, I think it was Wolfsbane who said to me some time ago that I had a SMALL chance or being a mission reviewer so I sent in a job application but I didnt even got an answer telling me that I suck or I wasnt what u guys were lookin for. U could at least answer ppl. :-\

masterofgames

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2003, 01:53:16 »
i applied...

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2003, 03:04:18 »
The Admins are endeavouring to answer all the applications put in (even if only to say "Sorry, you didn't get it") so keep watching those Inboxes! :thumbsup:

Just note that some Depots attract more applications than others, so if it takes a little while, please understand that the Admin is most probably quite busy. :)