Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Past Events  (Read 1122 times)

Homefry31464

Past Events
« on: 18 Mar 2003, 03:17:29 »
I think the most intresting events are the ones that have happened in the past.  There is plentiful information on past military operations, not just wars.  I believe it is very intresting to see the outcome in the game and how it relates to what happened in real life.  I don't know, just an idea.   :)

bigdog632

Re:Past Events
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2003, 10:21:41 »
i agree with ya man
i just wish there was plentiful info on the operations that "didnt happen" publicly available

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2003, 21:37:48 »
i was always thinking a campaign based on the SF Operations on Greneda could be fun.... build a new island, use the BAS units... could be a laff.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2003, 15:07:30 »
Grenada would be awesome, would it need a new island though? If there was information about things that "didn't happen" the they wouldn't be sercret, but I agree, that would be good (but not good for national security).  :) Back to the missions, I think Grenada would be nice, and I like the idea of Eagle Claw, (in Iran).  Since most of the people here like Delta Force, you could do that mission, but I guess you would have to make it so there wasn't an accident.  I would make it but since I am not good at making missions (and cutscenes for that matter), I would get a one in the missions depot.    ;)

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2003, 04:32:39 »
yeh, it could work (op eagle claw), but i dunno about the df part, since you'd not be able to get in and kill the baddies quick enough, and we all know that the ai won't help, but to get the airfield in the first place, rangers were dropped in, but all there was were a couple of blokes trying to get away in a truck, rangers shot with a rocket, skimmed off the ground, under the truck and BOOM!

but you could change it a bit, but to get 3 C-130's and something like 6 Sea Stallions coherantly landing, would be a masterful feat (there were 8 but they screw up easy and went down!)

if your interested in it none the less, read Inside Delta Force