Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Warning,... Noob Question ahead!  (Read 1161 times)

Joe_Nietzsche

Warning,... Noob Question ahead!
« on: 28 Mar 2003, 07:51:25 »
In MP,....

For disabling the radio, how does one do this for one individual, or group as opposed to the entire side?

In this vein, how does one set hint messages and trigger messages (sideChat-etc and general text) to display to just a specific group or individual?

Joe.

Just say Know!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Warning,... Noob Question ahead!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2003, 10:10:51 »
This sounds like a multiplayer question, which is not my field of expertise.

hints are pretty much general I think.

The various chat commands don't just mean you can have different colours

sideChat - your side
globalChat - everybody
groupChat - your group
vehicleChat - inhabitants of your vehicle

titletext would be visible to everybody
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Joe_Nietzsche

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2003, 19:04:24 »
Let me be more clear on what I mean,...

Id like to disable the radio on two captive soldiers so that they can neither hear nor speak to other units on the same side, nor each other (via radio). The premise being that theyve had their radios removed by their captors. I had used enableradio=false, but this removes the function for the entire side (maybe for all, didnt check soviets). So as one might guess, this is not what Id call functional for the needs of the mission.

Also, Im looking for the reversal as well, so that they could 'find' some radios on some dead guys, or something.

danke,
Joe
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 00:31:37 by Joe_Nietzsche »

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2003, 01:52:25 »
The following quote is from Killswitch

Hmm...(me scratches head). Maybe this is what you want:
Code:
2 setRadioMsg "NULL";

This disables the second (Bravo) radio slot and also removes whatever text
that the trigger in question had set to display instead of the default "Bravo".

To re-enable it would mean calling something like
Code:
2 setRadioMsg "Show flag status";

...and the radio trigger will be useable again.

that shows you how to re enable

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to show titletext to only one side
examplke of two different messages relayed at same time to either side

?Side Player == West:titletext[format["Awesome Warrior\n%1\n has capped\n %2!",name _flagowner,_flagname],"PLAIN DOWN"]
?Side Player == East:titletext[format["Thay dirty stinking scumbag\n%1\n has capped\n our flag",name _flagowner],"PLAIN DOWN"]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To display a message to only the player that activated the trigger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
some other info i was given a while back, just copied and pasted for ya, hope it helps

If you want it in titletext (white writing down the bottom of the screen) I suggest this line here:

if (Player in thisList) then { titletext [format["Mayday!\n Mayday\n"We lost the tail rotor\nWe are going down",name (thisList select 0)],"Plain down"]  }

or even:

? (Player in thisList) :  titletext [format["Mayday!\n Mayday\n"We lost the tail rotor\nWe are going down",name (thisList select 0)],"Plain down"]

If you want it in vehicle chat (yellow writing like a radio message), try:

if (Player in thisList) then { vehiclechat format ["Mayday!\n Mayday\n"We lost the tail rotor\nWe are going down",name (thisList select 0)] }

or:

? (Player in thisList) : vehiclechat format["Mayday!\n Mayday\n"We lost the tail rotor\nWe are going down",name (thisList select 0)]

The difference between the ? : and the if then statements isn't much... except in the latter you'll need some { } around the then statement. In the former, you don't  

See if any of those fixes your problem.

and some more stuff
here is one method...trigger a script (lets call it sayname.sqs) by adding this to the trigger (lets assume you named your trigger 'namer':

[]exec "sayname.sqs"

in the script itself use this:

saynam=list namer select 0
player sidechat format["%1  has reached waypoint one",name saynam]
exit

that should do it.

and even more

Displayed only to the individual that tripped the trigger

if (Player in thisList) then {titleText[format["%1\n You tripped a Bouncing Betty",name (thisList select 0)],"Plain down"]

and for vehicle occupants

Oh, I missed the second question. You can use the vehicleChat and vehicleRadio commands. One of them (I think it's vehicleChat) doesn't seem to work properly. But the other one will work.

if (Player in thisList) then { vehicleRadio [format["Mayday!\n Mayday\n"We are going down",name (thisList select 0)],"Plain down"]

Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

Joe_Nietzsche

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2003, 09:48:29 »
ok thanks all,... Ill try that stuff out   :)

Joe 8)