Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I surrender! - script  (Read 2096 times)

GeneralCoder

I surrender! - script
« on: 10 Apr 2003, 23:13:58 »
I saw some people talking about surrendering in the forums so this is brobably welcome.

So if you shoot a team controlled by AI and they got scared and start to run oway, instead of that they sometimes surrender.

Now this works good but the surrendering animation isn't the best becose I cant know is the unit standing or crouching. Or can I ???

Here's the samble mission where you are whit sniper team ambushing two east teams, order the snipers to shoot and russians will panic and surrender.

So please tell what u like, and help whit the animations if u can.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:I surrender! - script
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2003, 08:14:19 »
IÂ'll test it as soon as I got time but it sounds very nice. And IÂ'm quite sure there are such a command.
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2003, 08:16:39 by The real Armstrong »

GeneralCoder

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2003, 15:56:46 »
IÂ'll test it as soon as I got time but it sounds very nice. And IÂ'm quite sure there are such a command.

Ok thanks. I have been lookin for comrefs and all but haven't found it. Well I better ask about it in the forums.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2003, 17:05:06 »
DidnÂ't get any animation problems. The soldiers actually raise themself when surrendering. What I do get problem with is dead soldiers just stand there. You should use sumthin like this:

? !(alive _man) : _man playmove "FXStandtodead"

or sumthin.

EDIT: What I also discovered where the weapon the guys had in front of them when they surrendered canÂ't be picked up untill you kill them. :P
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2003, 17:10:12 by The real Armstrong »

ratpack91

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2003, 17:31:34 »
yes it's almost their apart from when they are dead.  You can shoot a guy in the face and he will fall over dead only to stand up again 1 sec later with his hands up :D

GeneralCoder

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2003, 16:34:52 »
DidnÂ't get any animation problems. The soldiers actually raise themself when surrendering. What I do get problem with is dead soldiers just stand there. You should use sumthin like this:

? !(alive _man) : _man playmove "FXStandtodead"

or sumthin.

EDIT: What I also discovered where the weapon the guys had in front of them when they surrendered canÂ't be picked up untill you kill them. :P

Yeah I have the same problem that they are just standing there even killed. But im still even more worried about their animation sequence (or whatever).
Like that if unit is standing and it playsmove"FxSurdown" it just 'zaps' to ground and starts animation.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2003, 18:36:24 »
Hmmm... DidnÂ't notice that. IÂ'll check it as soon as I get hold of my own comp.