OFPEC The Editing Center > General Announcements

New Mod: Topic Summary

(1/2) > >>

snYpir:
Hi guys!

This morning I implemented a new feature for the board that i call the 'topic summary mod'. Basically i took the topic summary that appears when replying to a topic, and made that available from the message index.

just hit the little '>' icon just to the left of the topic title in the message index, and a new window will open containing the topic summary.

at the moment you can reply to the topic (hit 'reply' at the bottom), instant message a poster or reply with quote.

i'll add more features when i get a chance.

hopefully this will speed up your experience with the forum, because you can now view every post in a given topic with a single click, without loading the excess gumf that comes with the display of a normal topic.

enjoy! :-*

ps I wrote this mod in about half an hour and haven't fully tested it. plz let me know if there are any probs. :-\

Messiah:
ooooh - cool - all the new triangles scared me for a second there

snYpir:
the triangles are very harsh - i'll find a friendlier icon eventually. unless anyone wants to volunteer an icon? or suggest where the icon would be better placed?

Messiah:
well since its a topic summary - thats would mean it brings up info on the topic

what about a small blue 'i' like at information centres...
it works for them

Chomps:
I like the triangles, they are straight to the point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version