Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do i convert to pho?  (Read 1543 times)

iwillbetheone

How do i convert to pho?
« on: 30 Jun 2003, 23:25:02 »
im not sure. it asks to submit in that format, im not sure how to do it?

deaddog

Re:How do i convert to pho?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2003, 00:22:56 »
When saving your mission in the editor, choose "export..." instead of the default, "User Mission".  This is the box under the filename.

Captain Winters

« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2003, 00:50:24 »
Or if you have many scripts and big music files it's good to use MAKEPBO which avalible over at http://ofp.info

Tanks! 8)

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2003, 01:25:05 »
Saving from the editor gets everything in one easy step.  No need to run another program.  It's all I ever use.  ;D  It's good to have the de-pbo utility.  :)

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2003, 15:39:20 »
Hi,

i picked your submission even there is no PBO. I will update this. Nice first mission BTW.

Greetings
Kuro

iwillbetheone

« Reply #5 on: 01 Jul 2003, 22:48:35 »
come again? modify what? ???

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jul 2003, 02:15:28 »
Hallo,

sorry for the short mail (was very late yesterday).
First some basics: OFP stores all missions (not the editor missions) in the OFP/Missions Folder.  For each mission there is only ONE File. This is done by by making a PBO File; this file is very like zip, it contains all the different files like briefing, Mission, Intro, Sounds, etc in one File.
For the Editor (OFP/User/YourName/Missions) you keep the different files need for a mission in one Folder named as your Mission.Islandname.  So they are easier to be edited and can be changed easily. To make a PBO out of the Usermission you must save it as Single Player mission instead of User mission. The content of the PBO and the Editor Folder is exactly the same.

For easy handling OFPEC requires to have at least the mission as PBO plus a readme submitted as a zip. Because doing so the players can easily copy just one file in their mission folder and the mission runs. The issue was, you submitted the Editor files without a PBO, therefore i opened your mission in the Editor (changed absolutly nothing !) and saved it as PBO. Then i added this file to your mission zip and uploaded it. If you now download your mission you will find the PBO together with your file in the zip.

Greetings
Kuro