Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Zombies - we need zombies  (Read 3433 times)

stiaan

Zombies - we need zombies
« on: 21 Feb 2003, 04:43:16 »
What we need is zombies.

Unarmed, slow walking zombies whose attack is hand to hand and quickly lethal.  

If somebody can make them or direct me to the resources I would need to make them myself, I'll gladly make a campaign featuring a "military experiment goes wrong" scenario a la Resident Evil.

OpFlash would be the PERFECT medium for such a game.

Thanks heaps for your time

Stiaan

http://home.iprimus.com.au/stiaan

O Neil

Re:Zombies - we need zombies
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2003, 05:25:06 »
" I'll gladly make a campaign featuring a "military experiment goes wrong" scenario a la Resident Evil. "

I'll gladly help you ;) I love mission makin and stuff.

O Neil

PS: I'm makin my own campaign as well, perveiw would be comeing out in a couple of days, but I can't get my .ogg music converter to work. :'(

STGN

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2003, 11:54:32 »
isent this supose to be realistic.
I haven see eny zombies around so they problery does not excist in the real world.  ??? ???
STGN

Bronski

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2003, 15:30:27 »
Technically there are zombies in the world but not as most people think.  It was either some south american nations or africa that some groups would actually poison the skin of people which, in turn would make them appear to be the walking dead.

Just a little random fact for you.  

Uberminch

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2003, 15:52:35 »
While we're at it let's make some dragons.

Or Godzilla. Why not go all the way?

I heard somone made a UFO addon. :D

O Neil

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2003, 22:14:57 »
Yea, they did, and people are.

About the zomies, they are true, I've got one in my bloddy class, sits there all day, does nothing, I'd hate to see what he does at night......... :-X

Anyhoo, If the addon maker wants to make zombies, there's nothing holding him back (Like having to keep OpFlash to realism) or a scripter, could make a person look like a zombie (.....don't ask ::))

O Neil

Mr_Shady

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2003, 13:56:40 »
Trust me, there are zombies alright. Take my Computing Theory A/S Level lecturer, for instance.

I'm not really sure that OFP would be a good choice for such a campaign, since a slow-moving melee unit would be pretty easy to outrun, and then drop at about 200m with a short burst of machine gun fire. For a tense, challenging zombie mish you'd need somewhere that restricts movement.

stiaan

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2003, 04:56:45 »
Hi all and thanks for the replies.

I realise that zombies would be easy to outrun etc. but I was thinking of modelling them with head shots only being immediately lethal and needing multiple body hits to kill them too.

I'm still keen on the idea, realising they'd be easy to get away from but I'm definitely going to give it a lot of further thought.  I like the idea of somehow slowing up the player or making them have to operate in tight spaces like within the occasional building.

Thanx heaps for the interest - please keep your ideas coming.

Stiaan

Shadowman

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2003, 16:55:05 »
One thing that the game would definatly need, is a ghost. This brings me to my question. Is it possible to make a semi-transparent model in OFP? If there is, then I would love it if someone with the skills would do it... The ghost added with a random placement script together with a horrifying scream could make the game a whole lot more interesting.

:cheers: Shadowman :cheers:

Fiendish

« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2003, 11:31:39 »
I want some horror addons too.
I would like a huge maneating monster, like the size of a bear.
That would be in a mission where you have to hunt the monster down, in a tight forest.
that should give you some excitement.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2003, 05:47:03 »
Zombies and Ghosts Don't exist? what!

Okay in Vudun (aka VooDoo  a hollywood name for a serious religion) people who are zombies are really just under heavy Drugs and Hypnotism.
And Ghosts, well I've seen Ghosts, but at the same time I could have just forgot my Medication, sometimes when I forget my Meds I think I'm John Lennon, and talk with a REALLY bad English accent (and I do that when I'm Drunk too  ;D)

FuseBox

« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2003, 07:14:34 »
Okay in Vudun (aka VooDoo  a hollywood name for a serious religion) people who are zombies are really just under heavy Drugs and Hypnotism.
 well thats me all day  ;D

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #12 on: 26 Feb 2003, 17:09:43 »
let me smoke some pot and i can be a perfect zombie :toocool: :beat:

Fiendish

« Reply #13 on: 26 Feb 2003, 17:10:51 »
Can anyone make a monster? Or do I have to do it by myself?  ::)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2003, 06:43:42 »
let me smoke some pot and i can be a perfect zombie :toocool: :beat:

;D

Skaven

« Reply #15 on: 02 Mar 2003, 21:42:20 »
Sorry Guys, OFPEC only supports real things as addons  ;)