Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Not an Editing Question per say but I want the best opinion possible for a day..  (Read 945 times)

Iwesshome

All,

A lot of the missions created in the past use to be very quick and single-minded missions. As time and tools developed people have begun to create very detailed and interesting missions, campaigns and mods.

I was wondering how people felt about real-time missions?

Example:

Day starts off around 6:30am in your camp, barracks, ect..... You would have to retrieve your gear and meet up with your group at a specified time for briefing.... lets say 6:45 (times depending where it is and time to get to it) From there your group would deploy to what ever scenario it would be... maybe deploy into 5 ton trucks to head to airport to be mass inserted by chopper, boat, etc. to specified location and then half to hump it on foot to a specified area.

This could be 5K to 20K away through hostile territory or friendly country to go set-up base of operations... whatever. Now the time to do this could be 8:30 now to where it might receive orders by radio to do something else....

I think you are getting the picture I am trying to create. I am thinking of creating missions by day... not extremely long but would have multiple objectives in it and possibly turn into a campaign that leaves off a different mission on how long I determine it.

Now I know this may cause a lot of scripting or careful mission planning but I believe the idea is sound. I look at these islands that were officially created and others by third parties and they are massive and able to support this type of scenarios.

I know I would have to be careful because this is not real life and you don't want to sit in one spot for 30 min. not doing anything…. What fun is that? I am wondering who would want to play it?
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2003, 10:44:05 by Iwesshome »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
LOL...

Well... there's an old saying:

"Look before you go moving people's threads around"

or something simliar ;D

All replies to this topic to here.

# Topic Locked