Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airstrike  (Read 1278 times)

chrisb1220

Airstrike
« on: 30 Dec 2002, 19:05:00 »
Yeah um, does anyone have a good idea for an airstrike mission? I making 1, and I'm not sure what the player should call an airstrike on...... ??? :-\

max_killer_payne

Re:Airstrike
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2002, 22:26:05 »
Well you could have a mission where you are a Special Ops geeza and you have to laser designate an enemy keypoint, and then call in an LGB airstrike??? Or you could have one where you suddenly have to fly an A10 out of the airport at short notice and bomb a target??

Fishion

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2002, 13:52:18 »
At the beginning of Editing for OFP (yea those where the times, way back before Red Hammer, Resistance and Laser Designators *schwelg*), anyhow I tried to make it without a Laserdesignator, where you are a forward air
controller guiding in a Strike on, a few tanks, though that was
a lame objective. Normally you'd say it's an not-moving target which is hard to locate form the Air (otherwise they'd do the
job with a F/A-18 or a A-6, Tornado you name it...).
If its in a Vietnam enviroment I'd say a fairly large supply
"base" hidden in the (deep) woods.
Or for Close Air Support for some Infantry troops, which
happen to be under fire, Infantry can be hard to spot from
above (Mortar, Heavy MG for example...)

-Fishion

chrisb1220

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jan 2003, 03:08:39 »
For the airstrike, you'll need to map-click the target. What I'm asking, is what the objectives should be.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2003, 22:50:15 »
There are lots of scripts around for airstrikes, you cant really say for an airstrike mission whats the objectives because basically its just Aircrafy engaging a target, unless you add a twist like when you designate the target, the plane gets shot down and you have to rescue the pilot?? One of the problems is the A.I for air units in Flashpoint, is nothing short of dreadful, so it would be hard to realistically simulate an aairstrike.