OFPEC The Editing Center > General Announcements

A blast from the past

(1/5) > >>

THobson:
Some years ago I wrote a mission for OFP called Abandoned Armies that proved quite popular.  Time moves on and I thought it had been forgotten about and then just recently someone sent me an email asking for the design notes/ spoiler document that I wrote to explain how the whole mission worked.  It seems that the link to the document I put up many years ago is broken.  Would it be possible to put that document up on the OFPEC site for historical record, and just in case anyone else wants to play the mission again?

Many thanks

h-:
 :blink:
Well, seriously long time no see  :)

I guess it would be possible, depending on how'd you wanna do it, because some thing on this site are a bit  broken and no-one here to fix'em..

THobson:
Yes its been a while.  Sorry to hear about OFPEC's current state.  I see you have advertisements on the site now, a good way to generate revenue I hope.  I recall having to bail the site out of a significant financial problem a few years ago.  I hope that is now behind you. 

As OFPEC is the real home for my mission I would very much like it to be some how linked to the review of the mission.  I can provide a word or pdf file but I am not sure how or where to put it.  An alternative is for me to just put the whole text into a post on a relevant thread.  What would you suggest?

h-:

--- Quote ---I recall having to bail the site out of a significant financial problem a few years ago.  I hope that is now behind you.
--- End quote ---
How we ended up at the place we're now can read about in this news article.

--- Quote ---As OFPEC is the real home for my mission I would very much like it to be some how linked to the review of the mission.
--- End quote ---
I guess that could be done, I can do some editing around the site so not all is impossible (it just takes a while because it always takes some time to re-familiarize myself with PHP and how the site structure works), but for example a tutorial submission thingy we had is completely broken which would have been a perfect fit for publishing this.

So you can post it for me as a word doc, I'll try to link it to the review as soon as I can.

THobson:
Thank you.   A sad story given how vibrant the community here used to be.  I recall years before we had a major data loss and severe financial problems which we eventually recovered from.  I am glad you are still hanging on in there.

It would be wonderful if you could link the spoiler document to the review.  As far as I can tell OFPEC is the only place where the mission is available now.  I would be very happy to send you either a doc or pdf file.  Let me know your email address.  You can email me at trevor_hobson@hotmail.com

Many thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version