(1/5) > >>

Undeceived:
Evil's Last Will
(Arma 3)

Version: 1.4 (updated March 20th, 2023)
Author: Undeceived
Gametype: SP

Description:
Eliminate a target person and witness how murder and hatred only stoke more fear and death in this land - when evil fulfills its last will.

Trailer:

Features:

* Story-driven one-mission-mini-campaign with many objectives, ported from Arma 1 (OFPEC score back in the days: 8 out of 10)
* Modernized and optimized with Arma 3 features
* Full voice acting (German)
* English and German subtitles
* Thrilling and dark story, set in the deep forests of northern Sahrani
* Play as a Germany / NATO special forces operator: Infiltrate enemy positions, take out a highly valuable target, try to help local resistance forces, adapt to harsh circumstances due to missing allied support
* Cutscenes
* Custom music
* Custom main menu design
* Choose your equipment in the Arsenal, not in the briefing

Version history:
v. 1.4:
Fixed the main menu cutscenes (Arma 3 Invaders minigame deactivated).

v. 1.3:
Bugs eliminated (including a showstopper - the evacuation chopper wouldn't come)
Added task types (icons)

v. 1.2:
Bugs eliminated
Optimizations

v. 1.1:
Countless bugs eliminated
More optimizations and stuff added
Finished the mission package

v. 1.0 (beta):
Mission ported from Arma 1 to Arma 3
Fixed tons of bugs
Optimized tons of scripts and features
First release

Required mods:
CUP (Vehicles, Units, Weapons, Maps, Core)
CBA (required by CUP)

Download:
Evil's Last Will (A3) + required mods @ Steam Workshop

Thanks to these beta testers:
savedbygrace, Cheetah, Wolfrug, Zipper5, bert, mathias_eichinger, johnnyboy, Tyger, Sponbo, NightJay0044, schuler, Trapper, Manzilla, h-

johnnyboy:
Hi Undeceived.  I forgot how awesome this mission is.  Music, cinematics, suspense, excellent voice acting.  But I'll save all the rave reviews for when you publish it (to help generate some buzz :cool2:).

So far, I've only got as far as sniping the officer, and halfway to back to exfil.  All worked perfectly, no bugs.  Great balance.   Found enemy camp 1/2 way to sniper position and decided to take it down.  3 campers is perfect challenge for solo sniper.   Foolishly tried to take on enemy sniper position, and failed.  So avoided it on next try.

Here's 2 grammar fixes for your briefing:

0. change "welcome on" to "welcome aboard"
1.  change "surprising attacks" to "surprise attacks"

The camp 1/2 way to sniper position has a little min-bunker with an ammo crate in it, but the ammo crate is not accessible.  Not really an issue, but players will try to interact with it, and not be able to.

Questions: 

1. Did you have to recreate all your cutscene camera work?  Or did the ported custcene scripts miraculously just work?
2. Did you convert all your .sqs to .sqf?

Undeceived:
Thanks, johnnyboy!

I corrected the grammar issues. Keep them coming!

1. I don't remember anymore but I had a lot of work with the cutscenes. But this also has to do with my noob scripting (after all it was my very first mission).

2. I converted some important scripts to sqf, yes. Looking at it as a whole today the scripts are one total MESS. :D Absolutely chaotic and noobish, even I can't believe what I did there. Sometimes I created 3 scripts where only one would be ok.

But you know what? :D It works. :D As I said - I converted some things, but the rest is a good example of a somewhat working chaos.

Looking forward to the rest of your test. Thanks.

h-:
What, something like 20Gb of addons for one mission  :blink:

It never crossed yer mind to re-make this with the vanilla content for example..  :scratch:
Well, will be testing this after downloading CUPs for a day or so :P

Oh, and yay, we got some posts on this old forgotten useless forum.  :good:

Undeceived:
Hi h-,

To be honest, no, I never thought about making it vanilla. :D :D You will see why - everything in this mission is about Sahrani, voice acting, briefings, etc. I waited years for this chance (recreation of the old Arma assets in Arma 3 in one big package, CUP), as unfortunately back then, when I finished ELW, Arma 2 came out, and the players (me included) were gone.

I recommend the CUP downloads at Steam workshop, as this is the easiest way to get the mod. CBA is on the workshop too, so it should be a piece of cake (at least for the end user, maybe not for the internet connection :D).

And yeah, I'm glad to have some feedback here in this legendary forum. I made some advertising, PMing some of the old beta testers of ELW at the BIF (among some other guys) and mathias_eichinger said well, that meanwhileOFPEC has become a good place for some private beta testing. 😃
And I also resisted the temptation to release the mission at the "public places" such as BIF or Armaholic at the same time. I want to be sure that it's somewhat stable first. That gives me back that special feeling of the glorious OFPEC times. :D

See ya!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version