Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Few questions for you good men!  (Read 1152 times)

Silver Fox

Few questions for you good men!
« on: 14 Jan 2003, 12:13:21 »
Hey guys

I am just finishing off a mission, in it there are two addons used! They are only small so i am going to incluede them with my mission.

Now heres the question, Do i create an addons folder in my .zip and put them in there? and then create a missions folder and put the mission in there? Then put my .txt file in the main directory.

I think this will keep things a little more tidy!

Now question 2. I have done you a little 100x100 pic. Where do i put this? Im guessing just in the .zip!

Cheers Guys ;D

Crassus

Re:Few questions for you good men!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2003, 01:52:19 »
Re. the add-ons used in your mission. You could also just provided the exact name of the add-on used, the name it is zipped up under, and a URL at which the player can download these add-ons, all in a README. This will reduce your file size, thus not pissing off those who have 56K connections.

Just a suggestion. :P

Anmac

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jan 2003, 12:19:28 »
1 - As a general rule don't include addons with missions

2 - The mission should ALWAYS be in .pbo format and therefore you shouldn't need to put it into folder within your .zip file.  A few lines of text telling the player the filename.pbo goes into their missions folder and filename.pbo goes into their addons folder should do the trick.

3 - In the submission process you will be asked to upload your picture file.  So don't bother putting it into the .zip file.  ;)

Hope this helps.

Silver Fox

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2003, 00:03:25 »
Cheers Anmac

I hope you guys Enjoy it  :joystick:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D