Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AKs74u  (Read 1572 times)

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

AKs74u
« on: 13 Nov 2002, 23:15:33 »
Okay guys and gals, this is a BETA (obviously) of my AKs74u Shorty weapon.  The readme in the .zip file gives instructions on how to use it ;).

Unfortunatly, the muzzle flash sticks and everytime I add something I find on the forums, which is supposed to get rid of the flash I get an error when I try to start OFP.  Also, the new textures only work in the original flashpoint so the weapon won't work in resistance.

About the weapon, the stock doesn't fold yet, but I'm working on it.

Heres the download link:
http://www.kevbaz.com/MBKAKs74ushotry.zip

enjoy.

Ranger Bob

Re:AKs74u
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2002, 20:01:24 »
Hey, erm, i tried your addon and it doesn't seem to work. I have version 1.42 Can you help me?  ???

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2002, 21:18:11 »
Care to elaberate on the "it doesn't seem to work"? What exactly happens?

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2002, 19:41:57 »
Hey, is everyone having problems or is noone downloading this.  I'd appreciate some feed back on my first addon.  BTW, I'm running V1.30 and it works fine, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Wires

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2002, 05:27:18 »
I tried out your weapon and....

I really like the model, very nice  ;)

Unfortunately I'm running 1.85 so the muzzle flash bug comes into play but that's ok your using 1.30 so it'a understandable.

Nearly ALL the textures are missing, which means you either repacked your add-on differently so it can't find the files or there is another ver difference bug.

My advice would be to get new sounds (OFP sounds suck) and fix your textures. Also get some 1.75+ ver info to make it compatable for everyone  :) and get rid of the muzzle flash bug.

Wires

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2002, 21:47:05 »
The reason that the textures don't work has something to do with Resistance needing .pbo files packed differently (I think).  I didn't use binarize due to the fact it doesn't seem to work :(.  Also, it does work in resistance if the .pbo is packed for resistance, but the textures don't change, it keeps the normal AK74 ones, which confuses me.  Finally, the muzzle flash bug is there in my normal V1.30 flashpoint and in Resistance, but I don't know how to get rid of it as after searching these forums, all the code given gives me an error as the game starts.

I must say I like the Resistance AK74 sound, but I'll try to find another ;).
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2002, 21:48:23 by The_Milky_Bar_Kid »

Ash

« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2002, 00:04:00 »
I didn't know the Argies had Ak's in 82 m8?  :-\

;)

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2002, 00:25:07 »
Not Falklands MOD related m8, just did it for the sake of it.  I would try to make models for the MOD, but I can only use Milkshape, which isn't working, I just manipulated, copied and pasted onto the AK74 ;), here we go:

BODY
-I just manipulated the AK74 which was already in the game in O2, making it shoter and taller, the bit on the top of the gun, used to be on top of the barrel  ;D

STOCK
-Nicked the stock from the AK74su and copied and pasted the long bit, rotated and moved in position and hey presto a Y stock.

TEXTURES
-Modified ones already in the game.  Not much so it wasn't hard.

.CPP
-I "borrowed" somone elses.

That about wraps up the production of this gun and now that I think about it, I really shouldn't call it mine, it's more BIS's and whoever did that cpp file.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2002, 00:30:35 by The_Milky_Bar_Kid »

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov 2002, 16:45:50 »
Would be nice with a picture...

The_Milky_Bar_Kid

« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2002, 01:38:37 »
Okay, I've updated this.  It now has:

-New sounds
-A gear pic
-Version for resistance and the original game
-Another model with the stock folded in.  

Once I figure out how, I will make it so that the stock can be folded in and out.  The only problem is, I havn't uploaded the addons yet  :-\, anyone wish to host em'?
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2002, 01:41:11 by The_Milky_Bar_Kid »