Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: T90 ???  (Read 5134 times)

OCOM_LMLVLM

T90 ???
« on: 25 Aug 2002, 11:04:23 »
In the last Forum Some one was working on a T90 MBT,  I just wanna know how is it comming ?

OCOM_LMLVLM

Re:T90 ???
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:07:48 »
*BUMP*

ZIKAN

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:23:26 »
Well i hope some one can make one too! lol but can they also add the AAMG on the commanders turret, which is a feature that all the OFP tanks have been lacking.

Eviscerator

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:26:03 »
and will never have :) there cant be more than one firing point for a gun on a vehicle in ofp

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:33:07 »
can you make it so the gunner will be able to use it, and not the Commander. like you'll select teh NSV/Kord......and the gunner will go on the top of the turret. and use teh AAMG ??  ???

Eviscerator

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:37:02 »
nope, you can only have one gun firing point per vehicle....and on a tank its the cannon :)

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2002, 03:38:38 »
ohh......thats sux  :-\

ZIKAN

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2002, 12:46:31 »
yeah it does suck  :hmm:
 i was playing Battlefield 1942 last night and the tanks in that game have this feature of using the turret guns which is really cool addition, a little prone to snipers though  ::) lol

Wires

« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2002, 04:19:05 »
Evis if you mean there is only one point on a model where munitions can fire from you'd be wrong, just have a look at the Bradley. If you mean more than one crew member of a vehicle fireing a weapon however then yeah you're probably right, though I don't know much about that.

Wires

tai mai shu

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2002, 06:12:30 »
yeah how about the coaxial machine gun???  that fires at a point seperate from the cannon.

or how about the rocket pods or missile racks on the planes/choppers?

those fire from COMPLETELY different firing points.

KiZZLE

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2002, 08:22:06 »
I think what he meant was that you can't fire more than one weapon from a vehicle at a time.

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2002, 08:45:01 »
Than you should be able to use an AAMGun, right ?  :-\

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2002, 11:03:51 »
You can only have one gunners position in one vehicle. That's what Evis meant. The 120mm and the coax MG are both fired from the same gunners position. Although not from the same spot on the vehicle.
The AAMG would require the gunner to switch places, which is impossible.
Or use a secondary gunner, which is also impossible.

If you think about it real hard, you'll find out that the only secondary gun (Not missile/rocket weapons) there is on any OFP vehicle is the coax MG.
You can have rockets (FFAR) fire from two separate positions.
But you can't have two MG's fire from separate positions.
Unless you do a workaround like quakergamer did, and use a different class when coding it.
That is IMO not a solution, since it's pretty crappy all in all. (NOTE: I am not raining on your parade quakergamer. I think your HMMWV is excellent, it's just that the work-around for the TOW is not very good. It's the best we can do, but it's still not good)

And yes, you can't fire more than one weapon at a time.

It all has to do with selections and proxies, things which you people unfortunately don't know anything about yet. Evis has been working with O2 for quite a while now, and he knows these things. (Oh, I know them as well...)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2002, 11:21:36 »
Thanks for the info KTottE  :)
P.S. did quakergamer  relased his HMMWV yet ??  :)

ZIKAN

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:30:29 »
I just wanna pursue this AAMG subject a little further lol

Ok your saying we cant have two MG's on a vehicle?
So could you have no coax MG but have the AAMG instead? not that it would be realistic thing to do however.

AAMG can be  used to engage targets on the ground also, the bigger calibre round would be excellent against light vehicles, so it wouldnt be a great loss to have no coax MG would it?
I think on some tanks the AAMG is radio controlled so it can be used safely from within the tank turret.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2002, 23:33:40 »
No, with the two MG's I was thinking about: two M60's on each side of a UH-1.
You can only have one gunner proxy on a vehicle. If you choose to put that were the AAMG is, you can sure as hell have a AAMG to fire away with. But you can't fire with the main cannon.

Which would be a problem =)
What would you like to fire most?
AAMG or 120mm + coax?

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Eviscerator

« Reply #16 on: 31 Aug 2002, 00:32:11 »
i wasnt counting the coaxial machine gun as thats not another defined weapon on the model, its just a memory point that only works for co-axial machine guns, nothing else, other than that it doesnt work, rockets can come from two places and guns from one place(two if you count the co-axial which only works on tanks)

ShadowY

« Reply #17 on: 06 Sep 2002, 16:29:53 »
hi

Can we have an update on this one?  >:(

I know you are out there, so c`mon what`s the progress on the T-90 ?(can`t remember his name)  ;D

Waterman

« Reply #18 on: 06 Sep 2002, 20:03:32 »
I actualy had the T90 in my addons folder about 2 months ago. Wether it was a realistic version or not it was called the T90.  I think I found it at the OFPN website...

Waterman. :)

Eviscerator

« Reply #19 on: 07 Sep 2002, 00:09:07 »
i was meant to be coding the t90 in o2 but i havent heard anything from the guy in a long time

ShadowY

« Reply #20 on: 07 Sep 2002, 02:04:14 »
hi

D*#n

There goes a good addon.......grrrrrr >:(

I hope he`ll return soon  :-\

ShadowY

« Reply #21 on: 17 Sep 2002, 02:02:08 »
 >:( still nothing about the T-90  ???

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2002, 02:31:54 »
Teh BW mod is working on the T90!!  ;D ;D
http://bundesheermod.de.vu/
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2002, 02:39:14 by OCOM_LMLVLM »

Eviscerator

« Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2002, 03:59:56 »
not bundeswehr but bundesheer, its for the austrian army :)

OCOM_LMLVLM

« Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2002, 04:11:26 »
oh, ok, so its a BS, not BW.....LOL.. ;D

JanBlanc

« Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2002, 12:47:30 »
on the t72/t80/t90 tanks the NSV mg is fired from inside by the gunner or commander since it is remote controlled

Chris IX

« Reply #26 on: 18 Sep 2002, 19:41:35 »
Hmm this is probably crazy but could you have another vehicle kinda "out of phase" but in the same place so you couldn't see it but this one had a machine gun on top instead of a working cannon? Maybe the commander of your tank could die if the "out of phase" commandergot hit?

ok, ok don't all laugh at once please ::)

but you know what I mean, right?

Schoeler

« Reply #27 on: 18 Sep 2002, 21:29:35 »
No one is laughing Chris.  Sometimes offbeat or crazy sounding suggestions have a way of turning into groundbreaking ideas.  Keep thinking.  Anyway, what about placing a nonfunctional MG on a new model just for the eyecandy effect?

Marsuitor

« Reply #28 on: 19 Sep 2002, 03:37:27 »
Well, the Bradley has the TOW pod and 2 other weapons. How about, when moddeling the T-90, you make the NSV as the third weapon of the vehicle(In addition to main gun and coax). And if possible, let the NSV be animated (Up/Down/Left/Right). You would still do the aiming/firing from the gunner position, although the fire would come from the top gun...

Would that work, you think?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2002, 03:38:05 by Marsuitor »

Eviscerator

« Reply #29 on: 19 Sep 2002, 04:25:50 »
ive been thinking about adding a commanders gun to the top of his (i think its cupola, not too sure) and it would rotate as he looked around and the guy would be holding it in the turned out mode, this would definately work, and about marsuitor's post, if you look at the t72 model in oxygen you will see the definitions 'otochlaven' and 'otocvez' otochlaven controls vertical rotation of a gun and otocvez is the horizontal rotation, you cant have 'otochlaven2' or something to define a second rotation for a gun, so having the nsv move wouldnt work, while looking at the t72 model if you switch to the memory lod you will find a vertice with the selection 'kulas' this is basically why this discussion happened, because people have seen that tank guns can fire from two different spots, but all it is is a single vertice, which is attached to the main rotation, now while writing this ive just had an idea...if you put it at the end of the commanders gun and grouped it to the commanders rotation then it would spin round as the commander looked and he would 'aim' it,then if he used manual fire he would be able to fire it, the commanders turret has no vertical rotation so it would only be able to shoot at things on the same level as it, but it is a way of getting a commander to shoot....

ZIKAN

« Reply #30 on: 19 Sep 2002, 19:38:03 »
Ok i noticed on some modern tanks that the AAMG is facing backwards, maybe if its was fixed into the roation of the actual turret for it too move left and right etc, could you keep it facing that direction in relation to the front of the turret but have it move up and down?

Eviscerator

« Reply #31 on: 19 Sep 2002, 20:27:18 »
no

FlipeR

« Reply #32 on: 10 Dec 2002, 22:41:48 »
sure? ;D
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2002, 22:44:01 by FlipeR »

Pandoz

« Reply #33 on: 16 Dec 2002, 06:46:31 »
well i dont know the exact things u want...but there is a model of the T90 at www.operationnorthstar.com made graciously by Sigma-6...its awesome...has a few different REALISTIC! weapons on it that you'll have to see for yourself but it doesnt allow more then 1 gun going at once...still well worth the download time though!