Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Campaign Error  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Campaign Error
« on: 24 Dec 2014, 03:02:36 »
Hello guys,

Well, I've been out of service several Years ago and I don't know if you, guys still play ofp. Well, as you know I was making a project since 2010 or 2011, named "Fidel Must Fall", I've finished ( I guess so), but I have a problem:

- I dont have any tool to convert the missions in a campaign, just got 'pbo decryptor' and 'make pbo'. I tried to use several 'descriptions.ext' files from several good campaings including 1985 campaign, but I am not able to create the campaign 'cause I get bugs when I try to play it in the game.

I need your helps guys, to finish my project finally.

here is a capture taken by me about the bug that I get. Also I uploaded the description.ext file to see the errors and you can fix it.

Thanks a lot

My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline Wiineri

• Members
Re: Campaign Error
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jan 2015, 04:02:09 »
Hello,

I did some tests with the files of a fully functioning campaign, and it seems that the reason your campaign doesn't work is that your mission folders have a dot "." in their names. OFP seems to crash if a mission in a campaign has a name which has a dot anywhere else than between the mission name and the island name.

Code: [Select]
template = 01Flashpoint.Eden; // works fine.
template = 01.Flashpoint.Eden; // crashes the game.

So simply rename your missions to exclude the dot, and it should work fine. (Any misspelled mission name in the description.ext also crashes the game.)

I made a fixed version of your description.ext, so you'll just need to rename the mission folders.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: Campaign Error
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2015, 22:51:21 »
Yep, that was the bug, the dot "." thank you guy
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom