Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Spawning a squad on marker?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Spawning a squad on marker?
« on: 27 Aug 2014, 20:06:04 »
Hey guys, I need to make a convincing combat scene in the city and I need the group to appear at the designated location and start the firefight as soon as a certain event happens.
Using triggers and conditions synchronized with waypoints does not give the effect I need.. I need an element of surprise..

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Spawning a squad on marker?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2014, 00:20:05 »
Could you expound on the details a bit? I can't understand why a trigger wouldn't work to kick it off. Do you mean waypoints and synchronization of the battling AI?

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
Re: Spawning a squad on marker?
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2014, 11:38:31 »
Yeah well on my cutscene there is a CSAT checkpoint, which soon gets approached by a civilian vehicle. The Civilian disembarks and the soldier approaches him, demanding for his papers. Upon the citizen refusing to give them, the guard brandishes his gun demanding for papers again, and then both checkpoint guards get shot down by a sniper, and I need at that precise moment for Guerilla troops to storm the village, but the thing is, groups don't move fast enough via the waypoint to start a breathtaking shootout and the shootout seems rather dull as they keep taking cover, and avoiding the firefight and so on. I tried adjusting the times when the waypoint activates but it still does not give satisfactory results.