Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Just need a little guidance with an addon issue.  (Read 1731 times)

Offline PivMan

• Members
Just need a little guidance with an addon issue.
« on: 02 Jul 2013, 22:04:34 »
Kind of a wall of text but hear me out please.

Hey there OFPEC, new to getting involved with the OFP community and modding the game in general. I have a decent amount of experience in vanilla Flashpoint, but in regards to addons and the like, I'm pretty cherry.

Anyway, I'm working on a scenario in the mission editor that is basically an open world ghillie sniper sandbox, with civilian populated towns and commuting villagers all on the island of Everon. I won't bore you with details but I really want to get this done because it could very well be the best experience I have yet to have in this game.

My main issue is the whole 63 group limit per side crap. By exploiting groups and such I was able to make civilians walk around in an idle manner and react to western forces and firefights. This caused for some really cool situations and added a whole new breath of life to Everon. The problem is that in order to make them behave this way, I had to do the 'never spawning Russian leader' alliance exploit and tweak the fleeing settings. Then I added some waypoints with a placement radius on some casual settings and some timeouts and boom, they walk around like regular people. It looks great, but the problem is that each civilian counts as one group, and placing them in a group together stops them from acting independent. As you can imagine, making towns realistically populated hits the 63 mark pretty quick. And what's worse is that due to the leader exploit, these groups are actually counting towards the Russian group tickets. So I can't even add any enemies.

After hours of scouring the internet, I found this:

http://mapfact.armed-assault.de/Archiv/include.php?path=content/download_eng.php&contentid=161

I screamed like a girl because this is exactly what I need. The issue is, I stuck it in the addons folders for OFP, Res, and FFUR (I'm running FFUR 2.5 on this map, in case that's a factor), but when I load the game (through a standard OFPRES shortcut with an edited target to include FFUR 2007) I see nothing different in the editor, and when I try to preview a map with a ton of groups, it still prevents me because of the limit.

Is there something I could be doing wrong? Perhaps reference something? Because I also have a gore addon in all those folders and that doesn't seem to work either. Not even in regular OFPRes, as well as the limit remover. I would love to hear it, because I really need this.

Or if anyone has a script that would remove the need for this group crap or any other workaround that'd be great too.

Offline Lenyoga

• Professor of Misanthropology
  • Members
Re: Just need a little guidance with an addon issue.
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2013, 12:46:26 »
I didn't even know there was an addon like this - also not sure how it would work. My workaround would be assigning civilians to civilian, game logic and resistance sides.
As a grandmother I've got lots of gold.

Offline partisan

• Members
Re: Just need a little guidance with an addon issue.
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2013, 15:02:01 »
head over to the armahollics site and download DAC it can create civ groups and transport
                                                                                                                      regards,