Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper conversion for ArmA3  (Read 2359 times)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
[CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper conversion for ArmA3
« on: 20 Apr 2013, 21:40:49 »

Description:
A former scientist employed by the former Takistan Defense, appears to US outpost in quiet small village Sakhe near a mountain pass, requesting for immediate help. A small journal is about to turn the whole country into deadly chaos.

Features:Voice-actors:
- Bardosy (Takistan Civilians, Takibans, Hungarian Combat)
- Domokun (Air Support, British Team Leader, Uncle, SF Leader)
- Nettrucker (Fikri, PMC Unit, Land Support, German Combat, Gas Worker)
- Poacher (British Combat)
- RejenOrst (Austin Paxton, U.S. Combat, Music) - www.rejenorst.com
- SavedByGrace (HQ, U.S. Soldier #1/#2, U.S. Combat, Outro Voices)
- Tslava (Czech Squad Leader, Czech Combat)

Requires AiA (All in ArmA) mod by kju to play (+A2/OA):
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3

Download (Version 0.6): DO NOT YET MIRROR - UNTESTED TEST RELEASE
COMING BACK SOON AFTER IMPORTANT TWEAKING

Notes:
-In campaign page, there is currently campaign name error. You need to double click top row on the list box at left to get campaign mission list.

Known Issues:
-Laser-pointer dosent work
-Civilians look quite creepy in their roles
-Lip sync/some animations not working

Let me know of the campaign issues. I will test the campaign more properly during upcoming days. Currently there could be big issues.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2013, 20:46:55 by SaOk »

Offline sproyd

• Members
Re: [CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper conversion for ArmA3
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2013, 16:24:42 »
Checking it out now - your Download link isn't right. It should be
https://www.dropbox.com/s/50m9rm39erawudv/ChasingGrimReaperA3.7z

I'll post up things here as I find them

Visitors In Sakhe
1) In the intro video, the guy watching from the hill dials a phone but there is no phone or animation. Also he has a pair of red glasses attached to his feet that follows him when he walks
2) The briefing text needs to be changed to white as its too dark to read properly on the map overlay.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2013, 17:40:37 by sproyd »

Offline Rytuklis

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2013, 16:47:51 »
Do you need anymore voice actors?

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2013, 19:33:16 »
Thanks for offering, but the campaign already have full voice-acting. But I am working on whole map missions that would be nice to have acting. Those arent yet finished enough, but I may contact you later (during summer if all goes good) if you are interested still then. :)

Thanks for testing - I fixed the links. The old animations dosent work in A3, I have much to tweak in certain cutscenes. I will try to make that phone scene look better too. The briefing text is forced grey for some reason. I dont how to change but it may be fixed in the mod soon. If I dont remember wrong it the font was white for sometime until BIS released new DEV build that also made the mission list look very buggy.

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2013, 19:51:22 »
Hey, tried the first mission in non-windowed mode since I do not like the small image I get inside the window but I am plagued by frequent game crashes. Do you know if these are related to my settings? Also, ArmA3 AI is about 5 times as unforgiving as ArmA2 one.

EDIT: The crash problem persists in original windowed mode.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2013, 20:04:45 by mathias_eichinger »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2013, 20:46:28 »
Ah, sorry I forgot to mention of the crashing here. The AiA mod currently crash if soldier with SVD die. I will need to tweak those away from this campaign and also tweak some other things. I take the link down for now (also for Zub and Black Forest that are also crashing now). WLW is already tweaked and seems to work quite stable.