Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting > ArmA - Editing/Scripting General

Arma help

(1/2) > >>

Kane49:
Well when i put down flashpoint years ago and got into other games i find myself with Arma Combat Ops.Map Editing came easy for me in Flashpoint with making anything happen in game but this editor seems different are the Int. Commands different and how do i put them in a waypoint theres no line to.Unless im missing something can some one help...

h-:
Welcome to OFPEC :welcome:

Not sure if I understand what you're talking about, there still is a line 'on Act.' in the waypoint properties for using code in. :dunno:
You should consider though that using waypoints to initiate events in your missions is very bad practise due to the slightly unpredictable way they work. In case of player following waypoints they may never get activated, and the AI may also decide not to reach some waypoint for some reason or another.

Kane49:
Ok i see they change the the INT to Act.Now that will cause the command to happen but i should go with a trigger instead is that what your saying?.Oh and are the commands the same in Arma as in Flashpoint because i have all that Flashpoint stuff in a note book lol .Hope i dont need to print out the commands again.  And thanks for getting back so quick i thought that being Arma is getting old did not expect someone to get back.

Gruntage:
Most of the commands from OFP are present in ArmA. You can find an extensive list of the commands here

There's also a nice program called ArmaEdit, which also has a list of ArmA commands plus some scripting wizards.

Hope that helps
Gruntage

h-:
Just like Gruntage above says all the scripting commands from OFP are in use, apart from couple of exceptions.
Can't remember what the others were but at least the command object no longer works like it did in OFP.

There's also a ton of new ones added in Arma.

EDIT:
forgot to reply to this:

--- Quote ---but i should go with a trigger instead is that what your saying?
--- End quote ---
Yes, triggers should be more reliable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version