Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom groups  (Read 2278 times)

Offline bm

• Members
Custom groups
« on: 10 Mar 2013, 19:21:57 »
OK so this is my first post here so if its in the wrong area or whatever, my bad.
i want to create a group of blufor soldiers for the editor drop down, pretty simple just standard troops with silencers and custom headgear.

thanks in advance!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: Custom groups
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2013, 03:19:37 »
Hey BM,
Welcome to OFPEC!
Check out the Command Reference page where all of the commands for BI titles are located. We have not gotten around to adding the Arma3 commands yet but all commands from prior titles are carried forward to each new title so you should not have a problem. You'll be looking for the Createunit or Createvehicle commands, as well as commands for removing/adding gear such as removeallweapons, removeallmagazines, addmagazine, addweapon, additem, removeitem, unassignitem, and a few other useful commands that you will be happy to learn of. For Arma3 commands, you can check this link out and we'll have those commands up asap.

We're here to help you learn how to edit these titles, and learning the commands (or at least where to find them) is essential to expanding what can be done by basic editor features through the F menu. If you hit a road block or can't figure something out, try the search feature of the forums, we have over a decade of knowledge archived here that still applies to current titles. If you can't find what you need or don't know the keyword to search for, make a post and folks will step in, as life permits, to help you out.

Key words to look up would be create units, create groups, adding gear, removing gear, etc.

Happy editing bm!

Offline bm

• Members
Re: Custom groups
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2013, 20:43:38 »
Thanks! that command ref page just cured my headach big time! haha i  appreciate the help  :D